3: I Asked About You

Start from the beginning

"Hey Mia" my manager Nathan said.

"Hey Nate" I'm glad it's his shift today. Everybody love Nathan. Especially the girls. He's in his 30s, tall, dark skin, big and buff. Tattoos all down his arms and has a cute as smile.

I clocked in without them knowing and started straightening up the shoe closet putting shit back where it belongs. Some people just don't seem to know how to do that. I went out to the front of the store talking to Nate.

Cory came walking in with a plate of Chinese food. The morning shift went running up to him.

"Y'all better get up out of my face. I'm not mother fucking relieving y'all so get the hell on." He walked to the back leaving them mad and talking junk.

"Y'all can stop pouting and stop looking at me" Cory yelled coming out the back.

"It's going to be one of those days. Alright come on Mia come count your drawer. Cory your on the floor today." Nate said walking to the back and I followed right behind him.

I count my drawer and logged in my register. The morning shift mad cause they just now leaving. Oh well why you mad cause you making money? I will never understand that.

The day was going by fast. It wasn't busy at all. So we was mostly on our phones and joking around.

I was in the back looking for this shoe size. We had three customers we was all helping them. I found the shoes and gave it to the customer. I rung her up and she left. I lean back on the back counter watching Cory and Nathan work. They was both giving me a laugh.

Nathan was dealing a girl who didn't have enough money for any shoes she wanted and kept wanting a discount. And Cory was dealing with Old Stinky, an old rich man who always comes and never know what type of shoe he wants and makes you run to the back a million times. And his feet stank.

"Look I'm not going back there no more. You going to choose which one of these right here you want.?And you need to hurry up cause your feet got this store stanking." Cory finally broke. I was weak.

Nathan excuse himself from the girl and went over to Cory and Old Stinky. He made Cory go on break and he finish with Stinky. The other girl just left.

The old man finally decided and I cashed him out. Relieved he got his funking feet out of here.

Nathan went in the back and I sat on the stool scrolling through Instagram waiting on someone to come in.

"Don't you supposed to be working?" I looked up to see some cute light skin boy.

"Yeah, how can I help you?"

"Can I get these in a size 14" he said handing me some shoes. I text Nate to let him know he has a customer to help.  Since I can't leave without someone else being on the floor. He came out and assist him and went back in the office.

It was finally time for us to close up and I couldn't be happier. Me and Cory clocked out and said our goodbyes to Nate.

"I need to go the store."

"We was just in the mall why didn't you get what you need out of there."

"I need gars." I rolled my eyes and went to the store. Cory ass took forever. He finally got back in just to tell me he need to get some weed. So I drove to the trap house.

"Come on sis come in here with me." I huffed and got out.

Cory knocked and one of Keon boys open the door. He dapped Cory up and let us in. I never been in a trap house before. All this was new to me. So I made sure I was with Cory at all times.