Life Wouldnt Be The Same

Requested by Thomas2921. I hope you like it. Thanks for the request.

Warning: Almost being burned alive. Arson.

"What are you doing"? You scorned Thomas as he tried lifting Asher into the car. She might be a pup but she was a heavy little thing and she was over his weight limit.

"She's not heavy". He grunted as he put her in the back.

"She is to you. You know, she can walk, right? You could have ripped a stitch. What if your mom had seen? She'd kill us both". You walked over to him and closed the door. Thomas leaned on the car and panted.

"I'm fine. How long you going to be gone"?

"Oh, does Tommy not want to stay with mommy dearest"? You snorted.

"I've been with her for three weeks now and I'm going insane. You just have came back home. Why are you leaving again"?

"I told you. I have to take Asher to get her nails done".

"We have a nail file here that works perfectly".

"A girl needs to be pampered every now and then". You kissed his lips and hopped on the car.

"You just want to get out of here to be away from her". Thomas nodded to the house.

"That's not true". You scoffed.

"Whatever you say, dear". 

"I'll see you in a few. I'll pick the kids up from school".

"So it'll be four o'clock before I see you again". Thomas shook his head with a chuckle.

"Yeah, pretty much. Love you". You blew him a kiss and backed out of the driveway.

Thomas limped back into the house, being greeted by his mother.

"We need to talk". She said before going to the livingroom, Thomas followed. He knew she saw for sure. Now another yelling. At least you were out having a breather.

"How's the baby doing"? Your hairstylist Jane asked as she washed your hair. You had just dropped Asher off at training class and now you were relaxing before going home.

"He or she is doing great. Just a month and we get to see what it is". You gushed.

"That's wonderful. I hope everything goes well from here on out". Jane smiled. "I'll be right back, I have this color that would look great on you". She said before leaving you alone. You were her only client of the day and it was weirdly quiet. But you pushed that to the back of your head and flipped through the pages of the magazine you were reading.

A noise startled you from the back room. "Jane, you okay"? Your cop instincts kicked in and you went for your gun.

Going to the back room, the light on the ceiling was flicking in and out. Your gun pointed at the door that the light was on in. Pushing the door gently, you saw no one was in there. "Jane, are you still here"? You gulped turning back to go to the front room when someone grabbed you from behind pulling you into the room.  Throwing you on the ground and slamming the door. The lock clicked.

"Let me out. You dont know who you're messing with. I'm a Chicago police officer". You screamed, pounding and kicking on the door. It happened so fast that you didnt see who it could have been. Where was Jane? Was she okay? Where was your gun?

So many questions run through your mind. Looking around you tried to find a object to try and pry the door open. But there wasn't anything just some hair color on a shelf.