Chapter 10

Meet the Party

Mike looked at her with disbelief. El Hopper was standing in his driveway. His pen pal, all the way from Chicago, was in his driveway.

"El?" He asked making sure it was actually her and not his mind playing games on him.

She shook her head up and down as a smile broke out on her face. Mike put down the plant and went over to her, pulled her to him and gave her a hug.

"I can't believe your here!" Mike said pulling away from her. He had the biggest smile on his face as he looked at her.

"That makes two of us." El giggled softly. Her giggle was enough to make Mike's heart flutter and give his face a slight blush.

"El?" A new voice entered the conversation. El looked over Mike's shoulder to see a group of people standing there. She knew there was going to be his friends here, she just forgot to mentally prepare herself. A certain redhead took a step forward with a small smile on her face. "Hi, I'm Max. The one who told you about the party."

"Hi." El replied, her voice barely above a whisper. "Nice to meet you. And thanks for inviting me."

"No problem. I told you it would work."

"What?" The boys said with confusion on their faces.

"El wrote back to me saying she wanted to go, but she wanted to make it more of a surprise. So I told her to write that note and give it to me so I could give it to you." Max explained.

"So you met her before I did?" Mike said a little upset.

"No." Max said defensively. "She mailed it to me, I haven't meet her until now. Why else would I introduce myself?"

Max rolled her eyes at Mike before making eye contact with El. She holds out her hand and El shakes it. "Your not exactly as I pictured." El said in her quiet voice.

"Well, knowing that you only heard about me from Mike, you probably pictured me as the devil. Don't worry most of the stuff he says about me is only half true."

"Yep." A darker skin kid walked up beside Max and grabbed he hand. "She basically has two personalities, and they're both awesome."

"You must be.." El trailed off looking at Mike, who mouthed 'Lucas'. "Lucas."

"Yes I am. I hope that Mike told you how awesome I am."

"He did." El laughed slightly.

"Hi." A curly haired kid said as he split up Lucas and Max from one another. "I'm Dustin. I'm sure you heard a lot about me."

"Yeah, I heard somethings." El nodded.

"And I'm Will." Said Mike's last friend in line.

"Hi Will."

"I still can't believe your here!" Mike said his eyes dancing with happiness.

"Well, I did a lot of thinking." El started. "I knew I had to come. It was your birthday and the time just felt right to meet you."

"How long are you going to be here for?"

"Four days." Both Mike and El saddened.

"Well," Max said grabbing El's hand leading her to Mike house. "Then there's no time to waste."

"Yeah, you'll be able to see the town of Hawkins and all the amazing things in it." Lucas said before turning his tone to sarcastic. "We could show you the post office, the library, and, maybe if we have time, the police department."

El laughed, once again making Mike's heart flutter. "We can just skip the police department. My father is a cop, so I already know what one looks like."

"Where is your dad?" Mike said making his way to the side of El.

"He dropped me off, and went to go find a restaurant."

The party made there way inside the house.

"Oh! There you guys are!" Karen Wheeler said walking up to the group. "I heard a lot of noises, so I went looking for you but you weren't the-"

Karen stopped once she met El's eyes. "Guys who's this?" She questioned.

"This is El." Mike said.

Karen's eyes went wide as she looked at again. El's heart started to pound out of nervousness.

"Your the girl my son talks about?" Karen asked clearly embarrassing Mike. The party laughed.

El just shook her head up and down.

Karen noticed her nerves and gave her a sweet smile. "Well, it's finally nice to meet you." She walked over to El and pulled her into a hug, which she happily gave back.

She was going to like Hawkins