XXIII

Chapter 23

I had no sleep the whole night thinking about Deriel's condition inside a room that I couldn't get in. I am still in my pajamas and a nurse asked me some details about Deriel and I answered everything as far as I know.

The doctor passed by hours ago to check on Deriel. Kinapalan ko ang aking mukha and told her if she can contact Ate Sarvy or Taylie since she said that she was Deriel's girlfriend.

I believed that luck was with me that moment because Taylie is a dear friend of her. She called her after she checked on Deriel and she said that Taylie will arrive after her work.

The sun rises and there is no Taylie showing up. I felt sad the whole night at umiiyak na naman kakaisip kay Deriel.

Hindi pa ako nakakakain simula kahapon at hindi ko man lang nararamdaman ang gutom.

“Hey!” the doctor called me.

Inangat ko ang tingin ko sa kanya at hindi na tumayo sa pagkakaupo ko. Kung maka-tawag siya ng "hey" sa akin, feeling niya close kami when I don't even like her. If she's not Deriel's doctor, I will never fake myself towards her.

She waited for my response and I gave her none. I just stared at her face waiting something she's about to say. As I stared at her face I realized that she's bearing an angelic face.

Mala-anghel ang mukha, demonyo naman umasta.

“I have a good news for you Ms...” she stopped and raised an eyebrow like waiting for me to say my name.

I didn't disappoint her, “Tejanda.” I stated my last name.

Nagulat siya ng bahagya sa sinabi ko at tinakpan pa niya ang bibig niya. Arte!

Matagal niyang na proseso ang sinabi ko at tinitigan lang ako. Naiinip na ako sa kanya and I released a loud sigh that made her back to her consciousness.

“You're the lady Tejanda?! What happened to yo--”

“I don't have time kung ano na naman ang sasabihin mo. It's a long story and I don't have any plans sharing it to you. Now, spill it.” I said lazily. I don't know if I am lazy or tired. I am drained.

“So, Derie--”

“Mr. Relaña.” I corrected her.

“'Yong fiancé mo ay ililipat na sa isang private room later pagkatapos asikasuhin ng maintenance ang room na lilipatan niya.” she said. I smirked a bit when he addressed Deriel as my fiancé, dapat lang.

“Good news, indeed. May sasabihin ka pa?” I responded.

She just rolled her eyes on me and then left me. If only I can eavesdrop at the inside of the room to know what's happening, I think I did it whole night. I just stayed outside of the room and thank God that there are chairs.

“Aica!” I checked who called me and I saw Taylie and Ate Sarvy half running towards me. I stood up, recognizing them.

Tiningnan din nila ang suot ko gaya ng mga tao na dumadaan. Wala akong pakialam kung anong iisipin nila. Their opinions won't matter, though.

Nagtataka ako kung bakit ngayon lang sila kung natanggap naman nila ang tawag nung babaeng doctor kahapon, I don't know her name and I don't have any plans to know it.

“Taylie... Ate...” tanging sabi ko. I don't have anything to say, atleast they came even though it's pretty late.

Wala sa isip ko ang bumeso sa kanila. I am mess while they are looking so formal and good. They are both in their office attire. Kakauwi lang ba nila o papunta pa lang?