Chapter 11 - Feelings

⚜️ Keywords ⚜️

Y/n -> your name
E/c -> eyes colour

🔱

The days passed like nothing in Tottoland.
Most of the Charlotte pirates were in charge of checking their perimeter and making sure there were no hitches of any kind, while others disappeared for several days for some secret mission.
Speaking of which, you were getting into the habit of administering Komugi; when Katakuri happened to go away for a while, you had to grab the reins of the island and, if necessary, make important decisions.

Contrary to what you expected at the beginning, your word was almost as good as Katakuri's, but that didn't interest you.
Unlike other family members, your presence wasn't at all threatening in the people's eyes, as they were aware of how merciless Charlottes could be, when things didn't go according to plan.

One day, Katakuri gave you a demonstration.
Someone had dared to eat a piece of his own home, made of marzipan and cream and, according to the rules, they had to be punished severely.

When you found out, Katakuri wasn't around and you decided to turn a blind eye, as the "crime" had been committed by a five-year-old child.
But unfortunately, your husband learned of it from his subordinates and the people, witnesses of the incident, confirmed the guilt of the child and decided to take drastic measures for the poor family by imprisoning them in the dungeons of your palace.

Of course, you didn't take the matter well and you talked to him about it.
《It was an accident, there was no reason to involve the whole family for a simple kid stunt...》

Katakuri didn't seem mad at you for hiding it from him, but he didn't want you to act behind his back.
《This is one of the fundamental rules of Tottoland and must be respected by all citizens...just because buildings are made with food, it doesn't mean that they have to eat it...》

For your part, you could only agree with him; even in Dressrosa the situation was delicate and, as much as you could, you tried not to make it look too much like that, now that you had the power to do it.

Katakuri's impartiality was indisputable and there was little to be done. When he was alone with you, he could be more relaxed and sometimes sweet, but never let his temper go.
Even though he was already older than you, he didn't forget to remind you who was the headman between you two.
Sure, it was exciting, but scary at the same time; sometimes you wondered if his feelings actually matched yours and he wasn't submitting you.

《Y/n.》 You looked up at your husband noticing that he had been calling you for a while.
《I have an important thing to do elsewhere, in the meantime try not to get into trouble.》
Before he left, he lifted you up to give you a chaste kiss on the cheek.

《I'm just an idiot to doubt him...》 You said to yourself as you watched him go.

- - -

《...and so I was wrong to act on my own like this.》 You were explaining your situation to the others, while observing your reflection in the cup.

《He certainly didn't do it to scold you. You just did what felt right, Y/n.》 Brûlée replied, pouring Amande some tea.

《The important thing is that the transgressors have been punished.》 She added drinking from the freshly filled cup. Her point of view puzzled you.

《Okay rules are rules, but how can you explain that to a child?!》 Pudding barked, disagreeing with the words of her older sister.

As they argued about the guilt or otherwise of the poors, Smoothie intervened bringing a new topic to the discussion.