Memory Lane #3 Prompto Argentum

A few years ago~

"you what?" I looked up from my papers
"I have a friend, don't scare him"
I looked perplexed at him, he was late because of a... 'Friend?'
"And who's this friend?"
"Not going to tell you so you can scare him!" He knows me too well.
"I just want to know who you make friendship with, we don't want someone to get you in troubles all the time"
"Like you?"
"I get in normal standard troubles, I mean troubles like Drugs, parties or something"
"I don't think he's that kind of guy"
"And what kind of guy is he?"
"... He's funny"
"Just... Funny?"
I took the stack of documents in front of me and put them aside."
"Too happy... Mh... Kind of dumb"
"And he has other... 'Friends'?"
"He's just like me alright, no real friends, maybe if someone didn't scare them off!"
"Oh c'mon Noct, like all those other 'friends' were any good!"
"Maybe if you didn't scare them!"
"They all wanted something out of you anyway!"
He got up, it was... Hard, to be Royalty, you never knew who were real friends and who weren't... With normal people at least, Ignis and Gladio well... They were duty bounded so it was good there was friendship.
"If you scare him off I'll get angry!"
"Noct!"
"Bye!" He got out of the room
Ah...
Friend...
Mh...
I took my phone and dial.
"Your highness is something the matter?"
"Hey Monica could you do me a favor?"
"Of course, whatever do you need?"
"I need you to follow Noctis tomorrow after school, and get a photo of a guy that may be with him"
I looked at the portrait in the desk.
Me, Noctis and dad.
"Noctis has a new friend and I need to know who"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prompto Argentum was Noctis new friend, it wasn't difficult, a photo, an access to the system and bam he was in there, not as how I expected of course, he was in there because he was adopted when he was a child but that's all that appeared.
Or at least Ignis said that.
"Okay and can we search who his biological parents are?, What kind of people they were, are they alive? Are they dead? Are they in drugs?"
"You're asking to illegally search for Hospital documents and system documents ...again."
"Ignis... I'm royalty, the worse thing that will happen is I get scolded by my dad."
"Although true I must tell you to try and find less illegal methods, what would it be of you were the media to find out?"
"Pfff like media could discover us, and besides it's to protect Noct I don't know who that guy is"
He rolled his eyes I saw it, while I finished more documents, I get bored out of this, the same old council talking about the same old things, Insomnia really needs a change of structure...
"This is strange" he said
"What thing?"
He looked at me.
"I doesn't allow me to enter his full expedient"
I frown.
"Really?"
I got over to him.
'ACCESS DENIED'
huh... Strange.
"Let me try"
I got my password and user on it.
'ACCESS DENIED'
"what?!"
"Very strange indeed..."
I closed the laptop and took it.
"I'll go see my dad, keep doing a background on what it let's you"
I go out with the laptop, and went to the office my dad normally is. I was greeted by the Glaives outside and told he's inside, a miracle really, I thought he'll be in a meeting or something.
"Dad!"
I opened and closed the door.
"You know, you could knock the door once in a while..." I got in front of him and put the laptop on it.
"I need your password"
"Excuse me?"
"I can't access this file"
He looked at the laptop.
"Who is this?"
"Noctis new 'friend' I was doing a background but it doesn't let me access it"
"Aria you shouldn't-"
"I Know I know, I shouldn't scare him, but I do need to do a background, and it doesn't let me"
He sighed.
"Alright let's see this then..." He pushed a few keys, then start reading.
"Prompto Argentum?"
"The same yes"
"Mh..." He kept reading on his own, then his eyes widen.
"Oh..."
"Oh?" That didn't sound good.
"I know why it didn't let you access it now"
"Why for?"
He turned the laptop down.
"Hey!"
Turning it down made my laptop close everything so I couldn't read the file... A horrible decision really I need to change the laptop security system...
"You don't need to concern yourself with it"
"You're hiding something from me!"
"Of course"
I frown at him.
"Fine!" I took the laptop.
"But if something happens it will be your fault"
"Alright" I start going out the room.
Just what did dad hide from me?
I entered to my own office, I at least could be busy about work.
I was angry.
"I suppose his majesty didn't lend it to you"
I looked at Ignis who was smirking, get that handsome smile off your face!
"What told you that?" I asked in sarcasm.
"Besides the fact you're freezing the floor?" I looked down.
Okay I didn't like it when dad hides things from me, I mean... I'm going to be queen I should know!
I kicked the freezed parts of the floor I left and let them defrost.
"It's a sign to stop this"
"Like hell I'll stop Iggy besides..." I got and seated next to him, smirking.
"If I were to hear every sign and let them be we wouldn't be doing so much about the damn prophecy"
Which... After many years still didn't had a good answer to stop it, things about the six and the high messengers and oracle stuff but none of the prophecy... We desperately need a translator...
"That, is true"
~~~~~~~~~~
It was after school, Noctis and the guy Prompto were walking around the streets, talking and so.
Gladio was on the phone.
"This guy looks veeeeeery scrawny"
"Right? Like if I tried to hit him, he will cover"
Ignis sighed, he didn't like when we did this kind of things but we haven't done it in a while since... Noctis was on middle school... Second year probably? I can't remember.
"They're separating" I looked out Noctis was waving and he kid was waving very excited and running to wherever he was going.
"Follow him"
Noctis got out of sight and we started. Slowly going at his side, he looked at us a few times.
We got to the end of the street faster, and stopped, Gladio got out.
"Noctis will hate you"
"Not if he doesn't discover us"
He entered.
Prompto Argentum.
When he seat he got surprised and what looked like a blush.
Then Gladio entered, I never got my sight off this kid.
Gladio closed the door.
"You can start Ignis" he start driving.
The kid looked so nervous.
"Prompto Argentum right?"
"Ah uh... Y-yes?"
He's already scared haha this won't take too long.
"It has come to my attention, you have been spending quite the time with my brother"
"Ah... Brother? I'm sorry I think... Oh wait! You're Noctis' sister?!"
I gave a small smile.
"That is correct"
He smiled so brightly... Then it dropped, he knew what was happening
"Uh... I'm not here for a formal meeting am I?"
"Not at all, I wanted to know what intentions do you have with my brother, is it money what you want? Fame?"
"What?! Of course not!"
"Right, because becoming the friend of the prince is not something you could get fame from"
What could this guy want from Noctis?
"I don't want that! I just... Want him as a friend"
"Oh how many had said that to me? Gladio?"
"Eight"
I looked at the kid with a knowing look, he looked at Gladio worried like he was going to hit him any moment... then at me.
"See what I mean?, You're not the first one, and definitely not the last one who will try to get my brother's friendship"
"I consider Noct a really good friend! And you should stop looking at him As only your brother!" My my...
"You didn't understand me, he's not only my brother, he's the prince of Lucis too, and as the next queen of Lucis I have to look at him from two perspectives" I took my pen and moved it to one side.
"If something were to happen to me he is the one next on the line, whether be because I can't continue or my death, whatever he does it's reflected to me too, politics works like that, if someone of your family does something it's like you doing it"
I moved the pen the other way.
"And as my brother, I want him safe from any inconvenience... That appears, am I overprotective? Yes, but the last time I trusted in someone to protect us, he got five people killed and Noctis in a wheelchair, he can move yes but it would be easier if he didn't had the accident, and you Mr. Argentum, don't even know how to use a sword, what makes you think you can keep my brother safe? Nothing, so is better if you get out of his life as soon as you can"
Man did I sound like a Villianess again? Need to get this skill up for the council...
His fist tightened, his head down.
Poor kid, I feel sorry for him, but still.
He got his head up, with determination.
"Then... Can you train me?!"
"What?"
"I...well it's true! I don't know how to use a weapon or... or something like that...but I can learn! If... You let me..."
I keep quiet, I tried to avoid the laugh but couldn't, I ended bursting in laugh over my seat.
"Oh... Oh my god hahahahahhahaha"
I tried to stop, really! But this kid, oh he has guts...
"Ahah...ahahha...aha...ah... I'll be honest that's the first time I heard that kid! Ah... But alright I'll get you trained then"
"Wait... really?"
"Yeah, if you want to protect my brother you must have some guys to at least talk to me, so yeah I'll get you trained, but hear me out, I'll get the most hardest, cruel man to train you, do you still want to?"
He gulped
"Y-yes!"
"Fine then, Ignis you can stop!" The car did stop
"Uh... Where are we?"
"Oh we been going on circles around your house don't worry"
He was surprised.
"Wait really?!" Gladio opened the door and he got out with the kid.
"Oh it is!"
I got the window down.
"Listen I'll give you my number, I'll send you a message with where, when and who will you look for the training alright?"
"K-kay"
I exchanged it, one fake phone off then.
"Then it's a deal, you better do what you said kid... Oh and another thing, Noctis cannot discover this, if he does..." I got my eyes blue.
"I'll get really mad, and you don't want that..." He gulped again, I smiled.
"See ya!" Gladio entered and I got the window up. Off we went.
"You're getting him Cor aren't you?"
"Of course I'm getting Cor, you doubt?"
"I give him a week" Gladio said.
"Nah, two days max"
"An hour" Ignis said.
"This will be fun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You what?"
"Just for a few days, I don't think he'll last anyway"
"Aria I don't have time to train a guy who could or could not become Noctis' friend"
"It's just for a little while, whatever he lasts... I'll take your work"
"Who's this guy anyway?"
"Maybe dad told you about him, Prompto Argentum" his eyes widen for a bit then got normal... So Cor knows whatever Dad does too...
He looked at me again.
"Fine"
"Great thanks! Be as hard on him as you can!" I start leaving.
"Ah... Aria-"
"I know I know, don't scare Noctis' potential friends... But how can we be sure of his intentions?"
I left the room.
Protecting Noctis is important now.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Three days after it I went to Cor he was training the Glaives.
"So Cor how much did Noctis new 'friend' lasted?"
"We're continuing tomorrow"
Eh?
"What?"
"He has good stamina although the way he uses the swords could improve"
...
....
...
"Wait... He didn't..."
"No, if something he looked excited about tomorrow"
...
...
...
Eh?
"Although he could manage the guns almost perfectly"
"Really?... Then bring him tomorrow here, I'll see what he can do"
~~~~~
How, how can he?!! Is a person capable of it?!
I went to my office and opened the door, Gladio and Ignis there already.
"Finally! took you long enough!"
"I was busy" I hold the photos tighter.
"With what?"
"Noctis' new friend"
Gladio laughed.
"He's still training after a week?"
"Yes"
"My my"
"But he's good"
"Good?"
"Really good..."
I put he picture of the shoots in front of them.
"The shooting range?" There was perfect shoots on the targets.
"Aria this is normal for every glaive to do at fifteen feet" I looked at them seriously
"... those are eighty feet"
"What?!"
"Impossible"
"Are you sure?"
"Gladio I was there!" I seated on the other couch and lay dramatically.
"Okay.... I admit it..."
"Admit what?"
".... He won
"What?"
"Prompto can be Noctis' friend"
There was silence
"Astrals above will kill us all today..."
"Oh shut up!"
~~~~~~~~~~
In truth, I did  something right, Prompto became such a good friend for Noctis, made him feel normal, like freeing him from all responsabilities, more than I did, even if Noctis didn't knew about his future, I did, but that's a burden I intended to get off his shoulder as much as I can...
But now? Fucking Titan had to go and take us here!.
The sword went to me and now we were in this disaster!.
Ah... Fuck

To be continued...