Chapter 2

Summary of previous chapter: Chance rejects Sutton as his mate as he thinks Sutton is weak. 

.......... 

I turned my head and frantically ran out of the room, my waist length hair whipping around my face, momentarily blocking my view, but I did not stop. I had to get away from Chance, and from the room; the walls felt suffocating, like it was closing in around me, and I could not breathe.

I stumbled blindly up the stairs, sometimes tripping and falling onto my knees, scrapping them. I finally reached the attic, where I slammed the door shut. My legs felt like it could no longer hold my body weight, and I promptly sank to my knees.

The tears came, gushing down faster than I would have thought possible. I sat down on the floor and put my legs up to my chest, crossing my ankles and encircling my arms around it. My curls had fallen around my face, and where now rapidly absorbing my tears.

I cried like I never had before, not when they started bullying me, not when they had thorn my exam papers, not even when they had thrown away my clothes when I had first shifted, leaving me to walk back to the pack house naked, utterly embarrassed.

My heart felt so heavy, like it would pull me down, like I could not even straighten my back. My breathe came in gasps, and my lungs struggled and fought for the air I so desperately needed.

I had never felt so alone before, my mate was supposed to love me unconditionally, and even be willing to die for me. Instead he had so ruthlessly rejected me. All I could hear was his voice, cold and hard, resonating around in my head, echoes and echoes, so loud that my head felt like it would burst and explode, leaving me in a gory mess.

I would probably be better dead, they always said that if I died, they wouldn't have to see my ugly face anymore, I thought, laughing a cold and grim laugh that sounded hysterical and unhinged even to my ears. I would be better off dead.

I pulled myself onto a flimsy mattress of a bed and cried myself to sleep. 

.......... 

I woke up to a knocking on the door.

Not exactly the best thing I want to wake up to after being rejected by my mate.

I opened the door and saw Savannah, she was wearing a short black sequined halter dress with a killer pair of black Christian Louboutin 5 inch heels.

"Hey what are you doing? The party is starting soon, and even though I hate Chance, he somehow managed to get some beer! OMG, were you crying? What happened!" Savannah rushed out.

I groaned."Nothing I wasn't crying. I um... My eyes were itchy. I don't think I'm going to the party... Why don't you go to the party by yourself?"

"Are you sure? No offense but....you kinda look bad."

I tried to smile,"Don't worry, I'm fine. Just go. Don't worry about me." Savannah nodded and went out.

When Savannah close the door, I dropped any pretense whatsoever. I slumped on the bed. Chance. When I thought about him, my heart felt like it was a thousand pounds. I can't tell Savannah about this even though she was my best friend since forever, after all Chance was her brother, even if she hates him. I felt like crying, but I could not squeeze any tears out. I felt so dehydrated. My lips was cracked, but I refused to go down to get water. Chance was downstairs and I could not stand to see him. I felt so heart broken.

I went to the bathroom on the third floor, I felt so listless that I almost had no energy, I haven't eaten anything since yesterday. I almost rolled down the stairs at one point. Stumbling into the bathroom, I locked the door and went to the sink, turning it on to full blast, then putting my face to it, the cool water blasting onto my face giving me a temporary feel of euphoria. I put my lips to the tap and hungrily swallowed the water, gulp by gulp until could drink no more.