Chapter 1: Not Yet

[It appeared as though humanity would be destroyed by demons. But a single mage saved them all. He was called the wizard king, and he became a legend.]

Asta POV:

"I'm sorry Asta, but you won't ever be able to wield your swords again". 

Old man Owen's words cut deep. I told myself that I would never get depressed again but this pain I felt in my chest... it was too much. "Thank you for trying Doc," I smiled and walked out. Not yet. My dream can't be over. Not yet, I'll find a way to get my arms back.

Later that night...

To reward us for successfully retrieving a magic stone Captain Yami decided to throw us a barbeque. It was beautiful outside and everyone was enjoying themselves. On any other day, this would have been amazing but frankly, I was not in the mood. I think I'll just leave. 

"Hey everyone I think I'm just going to head to bed. Good night!" I yell as I start to walk towards the base. 

"Make sure you get some rest Asta," Magna replied. 

Honestly, I didn't even want to go to sleep. I just felt like I needed to be alone. Instead of going into the base, I turned left and walked through the forest. Old man Owen's words rang through my head on repeat. I'm sorry Asta, but you won't ever be able to wield your swords again. There's no way I could give up now. I'm not even close to achieving my dream. At this rate, Yuno will leave me in the dust! I can't let Yuno beat me! Lost in anger I walk deeper into the forest.

After aimlessly walking through the forest I find my way to a clearing with a large boulder in the center. I manage to climb atop the rock. The starry night sky is beautiful and I had hoped that the view would help get my mind off things but it didn't. The anger that's been swelling in me finally reaches its limit.

"NOT YET DAMMIT! I REFUSE TO GIVE UP! I'M GOING TO BE THE WIZARD KING! I'LL FIND A WAY TO LIFT THIS CURSE AND GET MY ARMS BACK! OR I'LL FIND A NEW WAY TO FIGHT! IT'S NOT OVER YET!" For a faint second, I hear rustling in a nearby bush, "Whose there?" Noelle reveals herself from the nearby treeline.

"What are you doing out here Bakasta? Not that I care or anything you just scream loud so I wanted to see what it was," says Noelle as her face flushes red.

"Oh hey, Noelle. I was just enjoying the night"

"What happened to going to sleep?"

"I wasn't really feeling that," I sigh awkwardly. 

"Are you okay," Noelle questions me. "I'm only asking because you're my teammate, I couldn't  care less about how you feel." She flicks her hair behind her, crosses her arms, and looks away. 

Not wanting to worry her I lie, "Of course I'm okay! I feel great!" I give Noelle a big smile, but somehow I feel like she saw right through me. 

"Well if you're okay I'm heading back," Noelle turns around and storms off.

I decide that it's probably best not to sit on this rock and mope so I drop down and run up to Noelle. "WAIT UP NOELLE," I scream chasing her. She turns around screaming, obviously in shock that I screamed at her and slaps my face hard. 

"B-B-BAKASTA," she stumbles over her words. "What's wrong with you!" 

"Ow Noelle! I'm injured!" I interject 

"Why are you so loud!" She screams as storms off once again.

I stand there for a minute as I watch her walk away and smile to myself. I don't know why but that cheered me up a little for some reason. Maybe it's because she was acting the same way she always does. Before I lost my arms. My cheek stings but I'm not able to rub it, so I just walk back in silence. Noelle sure is something.

[Chapter 1 end]

{Author's notes: Hey everyone! If anybody is actually reading this make sure you tell me what you think. This is my first ever published story so I'd love to know your thoughts. Anything you have to say is helpful. Thanks!}