9~~ Your Blood Will Run Cold

Start from the beginning

"I don't want to talk, Mike. Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. You're just upset still. I promise I'll let you see Alex's blood run cold. You'll ride on my back to where it will all happen."

A small smirk graced my lips at his words. I really couldn't wait till that happened. I wanted Alex dead and gone for good. He made my best friend take her own life because he damaged her body and soul. I just hoped that he suffered painfully slow before he died. I'd make sure Mike knew that, too.

"Stop thinking about him dying, baby girl. I'll make sure he suffers for you all. Don't worry."

"I would hope so. Maybe make him bleed out."

"Chaunsey, please stop thinking about it. Eat the food you have barely touched and we'll talk about this again once we get word. Until then, there is no point in thinking about it. He will die. We just have to wait some."

"I know, Mike."

We ate our food in silence from there. I wasn't in the mood to talk, especially in front of everyone from the pack. I was their Luna for the most part and I didn't want them to know I was down at a weak point in my life. I needed to be strong for them if something happened to us. I doubted anything would, but they needed to see that I could be strong with something like this so they knew I could be strong during other times as well.

When we finished dinner, the pack went back to their rooms or houses off and on base. Mike walked me back to my room, but I hesitated to go in. I didn't want to be alone and Mike calmed me no matter the situation.

"I don't want to sleep in there tonight."

"You can sleep wherever you want, baby girl. Do you want to sleep in my room?"

I just nodded. My mind was too filled with thoughts that I was trying my best to keep locked down so he couldn't pick up on any. I knew it bothered him some that I was depressed after all of this that I wanted to kill Alex myself. He didn't want me to do it though because they knew it would be murder that way and without me being a werewolf yet, I couldn't kill him like Mike and the others could.

Without another word, Mike started leading me to his room. I was nervous for sure. It was in fact the first time I'd be in there and with him in the same bed, regardless of how non-sexual it was going to be. He knew I wasn't ready for that and I knew he wouldn't push me. Mike was doing a good job holding his wolf back and I felt bad that this might push his wolf more. I didn't even know what his wolf felt towards me. I just knew it wanted me as their mate and it wasn't finished until we mated together.

"My wolf is enjoying this somewhat, just to let you know. He's excited that you're finally joining us in the bedroom after two weeks of being around us. And don't worry about him forcing me on you. He does understand that you've lost a loved one."

"I must be tired if you knew what I was thinking about."

"Sorry love. I know you've had a rough time since you've met me and I feel like I should try to cheer you up some. Maybe sleeping next to me will help some. I know you haven't been sleeping that much the past few days in your room."

"I hope so. I'm exhausted and I just want everything back to normal. As normal will get at least."

Mike pulled me into his side some and kissed my head lightly. I already felt a bit better closer to him. His being did calm me and I could already tell that finally making the step to sleep in his room would help me sleep tonight. I wouldn't be going back to my room now from here. I'd move everything into his room; our room. I'm sure he'd insist it too since this was one of the final breaking points to our relationship with stepping forward. After this one would be mating when I was ready.