9~~ Your Blood Will Run Cold

Start from the beginning

Chris took that moment to come up next to me and together we opened KitKat's urn. Mike held small boxes that we got sent out to us for the Artful Ashes company and we put some in each box. Once that was done, we looked at each other and started walking towards the water. We had already taken our shoes off so we could walk into the water some.

Our legs went in till we were about knee-deep. With the count of three, we started emptying the urn into the water, moving the urn up and down to make sure they spread out nicely along the water. Our dear KitKat was a part of the sea now, just like she had wished for. She would forever be one with it and swim along with the creatures that lived there.

Mike met me at the water line as we came back and pulled me into his arms. My tears just started to flow uncontrollably and he just held me, soothing me with soft strokes to my hair and kisses to the top of my head. He saw Chris just standing there with no one to really comfort her and pulled her in with us. His actions caused  her to start bawling her eyes out. No one had ever really accepted her easily like me and KitKat did and she felt like she was going to be alone soon with me moving in with Mike.

"Please don't leave me, Chaunsey," she sobbed to me.

"I won't. And if I physically leave, you know I'll always be there for you," I sobbed back.

"I wouldn't separate you two. Shaun is still technically considered my pack, even with his mate dead, so if the pack is moved, you and him would come with us, Christina," assured Mike.

He knew Chris was hurting badly and didn't want to lose her only friend left.

"If you want," he continued, "Come to the pack house often. Never know, you might have a mate here as well."

We all laughed and started heading back towards the parting crowd. The ceremony was over and we had to pack up the belongings we brought to have this happen. Pack members that had came were already packing up the chairs for us when we approached. They wouldn't touch the table we had set up till Chris and I got the belongings off. We had one of our favorite pictures of KitKat smiling as she stood in the water at the beach with waves crashing at her legs. She was so carefree about the water.

There were some candles and we blew them out and the guys took them right away. I grabbed the picture up and Chris grabbed up the table cloth we laid out. There wasn't much that we thought needed to be brought but that stuff, so the guys then took the table and folded it up, placing it in the back of one of the trucks.

Shaun walked over once they started leaving, placing his arm around Chris' shoulders. He was about to take her back to their place while Mike and I went back to the pack house. We were hoping that soon we would get orders that Alex would be switched over to Marine Corps hands so plans could be initiated to kill him finally.

"Keep us in touch with what happens," started Shaun.

"Oh, you know we will," replied back Mike.

I wasn't in the mood for more talking now. I just wanted to go home and Chris seemed to be having the same mood. We just lost our best friend three days ago to suicide that was induced by a brutal rape from my ex-husband. We had no more words since our thoughts were now linking to having Alex pay for what he did. He would die soon though. We both knew it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chaunsey love."

I looked over at Mike sitting next to me at the table. The pack decided that tonight would be a pack dinner and we were all sitting around in the big chow hall they had. Mike and I sat at the main table while everyone else filled in to the other tables. The top two ranks sat with us and so did their mates. We all sat in silence till Mike tried to get my attention.