Princess Part 2

Half awake Dakota lay curled up next to JJ on the sofa bed. She could hear John B moving around which was what had woken her. Cracking an eye open she saw JJ laying on his stomach with his head turned away from her. Deciding it was too early she closed her eyes leaning her forehead into JJ's shoulder, her head was pounding from the night before.

"Yo JJ, you been outside?" John B asked as he passed by their bed and walked out to the back porch. "I got polio, bro, I can't walk," JJ moaned. Hearing Dakota snort he turned his head on the pillow to find her pressing her forehead against his shoulder, "Awe, what's the matter? Princess has a hangover?" he questioned. 

Groaning Dakota rolled to her back, "Don't be mean," she whined, stretching her arms above her head, "I need Advil," she complained, closing her eyes against the sun coming in the window. Feeling the thin sheet that had been kicked off in the middle of the night land over top of her and the bed shift Dakota opened her eyes, "Uh, JJ, it's already too hot for that," she complained, pulling the sheet off. JJ had sat up and was sitting on the edge of the bed running his hand through his hair, "I'm gonna check on John B," he told her before standing and walking out the back door. 

Furrowing her brow at his abrupt departure Dakota shrugged

Furrowing her brow at his abrupt departure Dakota shrugged.  Yawning she rolled back over and shut her eyes, dropping off to sleep.

"Sleeping beauty time to wake up," she could hear JJ trying to wake her again, sometime later, as he shook her shoulder. Opening her eyes Dakota groaned, "No fair she got a kiss from her one true love what do I get for waking up?"

Laughing JJ gave her a cocky grin, "If you wanted a kiss all you had to do was ask," he told her leaning over and hovering. Keeping her eyes held with his Dakota smirked, "You wouldn't dare," she whispered. "Yeah, I would," he accepted the dare by leaning forward and touching his mouth to hers.

"JJ!" she exclaimed, sitting up quickly. Laughing JJ stood from kneeling on the floor, "Now that you're up get dressed we're heading out fishing. John B thinks we'll find drum out in the marsh maze," he told her, "Oh electric's been knocked out so you'll have to forgo showering, Princess," he added, before walking back outside. 

Blinking Dakota sat in the middle of the sofa bed completely confused by what happened. Her best friend had just kissed her. True it was barely a kiss, more like a touching of lips, but the confusion came in that she didn't completely hate the thought of seeing what it would be like for real. Shaking those thoughts from her head knowing JJ was the biggest flirt on Kildaire Island she figured he was just messing around. Climbing out of bed she decided to just forget about it.

Her bookbag was still in the bathroom so she headed in to get ready for the day. Pulling the door shut behind her she dug her bottle of Advil out of her bag and dry swallowed two before pulling her extra toothbrush out of her bag. She washed her face and when she was done brushing her teeth she took her underwear and JJ's shirt off and threw them into her bag to wash later and pulled out one of her bikinis and a pair of shorts. Dressing, she ran a brush through her hair. Once she was done she took her bag and left the bathroom.