𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

Start from the beginning

    As soon as I posted the track list, Zoe's phone started to ring, and she rolls her eyes. She turns to face the front of the car and answers her work phone.

    "Yeah? No, absolutely not James." Zoe's frustrated voice rang through the car, it was as if Zoe's voice drowned out the music as she continued to argue with whoever it was on the phone.

    "James, I already told Ben that she won't be answering any of those questions!"

    "Well I don't care if you went out of your way to call me! Kenna won't answer any of those questions. Don't put her on the spot James!" She was getting frustrated, I can tell, and for Zoe to get frustrated this means that James could only want one thing, to ask about Harry.

    I sit forward, tapping Zoe's shoulder, she turns to me, covering the mouthpiece of her phone.

    "If he's so persistent, then fine, I'll answer a few questions, only a few." I say, and she looks at me with uncertainty in her eyes.

    "Are you sure?" She asks, and I nod. She sighs out in frustration, turning back to sit comfortably.

    "She said fine, James. Only a few questions. Three at the most." Zoe huffs out. She finalized a few things with James before hanging up.

    "Are you sure you want to do this, Kenna?" She asks warily, her eyes meeting mine from the rear view mirror.

    "Positive. What could possibly go wrong?"

February 13, 2018

    "Kenna, you need to breathe." Zoe's grip on my arms tighten to prevent me from falling to my knees.

    "I can- I can't." I stutter out, my lungs feeling as if it's about to collapse anytime soon.

    "Can somebody get Mr. Prentiss!" Zoe yells out to the staff who was outside my room.

    "Z-zoe, I c-c-can't. I can't do this." I try to breathe out, but my chest feels like it's being weighed down by a ton of bricks. Not another anxiety attack.

    "Mack! Mack, look it's going to be alright." My dads arms finds its place on my arms, taking the position of Zoe's hands, he lifts me and places me on the couch in the green room.

    "Daddy, I don't think I can do this." I cry out, and he wraps his arms around me, his hand holding my head to his chest as he tries to solace my cries.

    "Mack, listen to me," He coos, his voice quiet and comforting, "If you feel like the question is too intrusive, or too personal, just answer it vaguely. We've practiced this before, remember?"

    I nod softly, trying to calm myself in my dad's arms.

    "McKenna, you're needed back- oh." Ben walks in the room, eyes focused on the clipboard, as soon as he sees us, he cuts himself off.

    "I'll get back later." He says, and I shook my head no.

    "I'm fine." I stand from my dad's embrace, walking over to the mirror to grab a tissue and wipe the few tears that escaped my eyes.

    "You sure you're fine Kenna?" Zoe asks, her hand places itself on my shoulder, I nod at her, smiling softly.

    "I'll be fine!" Zoe looks at me with wary in her eyes, nodding hesitantly.

    I walk from my greenroom to stand behind the curtain, waiting for James to call my name for tonight's interview.

    "Please welcome, the most gorgeous model I've ever been friends with, Model and singer, McKenna Prentiss!" James announces, and the curtains before me lift up, showcasing me to the audience. I smile, walking over to the couch were Tom Ellis was currently seating.