Chapter Eighteen: Rats & Fruit flies

"Who the fuck are you?" I woke up to the most annoying voice I've ever heard. As I sat up in the bed, rubbing my eyes, I could hear a displeased sigh.

None other than the rat. The dirty little fruit fly, also known as Paul Prenter.

With anger boiling in my body, I rose up from the bed, walked toward him and realised how ugly he truly is.

With all the strength I had, I slapped Prenter across the face and he nearly fell to the ground. "What the fuck!" he shouted as his hands was on his cheek.

"Irish prick" I hissed at him and was surprised at my own actions.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? Freddie!" the rat shouted, but he was already behind him. "What's going on in here?" he asked with a frown, he looked more fresh now, but still drowsy.

"This bitch just slapped me" the rat exclaimed and turned to Freddie.

"Did she now? Can you do it again for me darling, I missed it!" Freddie waved his arms around and let out a laugh. Dear God, all the anger that's been building up, ever since I first started listening to Queen and discovered this rat, was bound to explode some day. I just never thought I'd actually see the rat before me.

"Paul my dear, why don't you go wait downstairs," Freddie yawned as he took the rat by his shoulders and gently pushed him out of my bedroom.

I mean the guestroom.

"Why did you leave me?" Freddie asked, turning to face me now. A knot was formed in my belly and I felt sick. Those eyes, my God, those eyes..

"Sorry?"

"Last night, you tucked me in and then I woke up to an empty bed" he exclaimed, acting like nothing had happened between us. "Fred, not now" I sighed. I turned around and collapsed on the bed.

"Clover," Freddie walked over to me and sat down. "I'm sorry about last night, I-I was so out of it. Prenter filled me up with alcohol and I-I" Freddie stuttered as he tried to explain himself. I groaned against the bed and forced myself to sit up. "Look, we can talk. But not while that little rat," I said with disgust, "is downstairs" I crossed my arms.

"Rat? He's not a rat, why would you say that?" Freddie now had a frown on his face and I realised I should've kept my mouth shut.

"He uh," I mumbled, trying to find a good reason as to why I called him that, "he woke me up!" I exclaimed, too loud. Freddie raised an eyebrow and looked at me.

"What? I hate when people wake me up. He was basically shouting at me" I shrugged. No Freddie, I call him a rat because he ruined your life, that manipulative whore.

"I guess that's fair" he laughed and placed his hand on my exposed thigh. His warm touch startled me and I quickly moved away from him.

"Why am I so repulsive to you?" he blurred out and I had to shake my head a few times after that question. "What?" I exhaled and looked at him. "You heard me, now answer" he said seriously and I sighed.

"Fred, not now" I whispered and fell down on my back, on the bed. "Don't you have to an album to record?" I asked and watched him as he got up from the bed. "That's why he's here, isn't it? To pick you up?".

"Yup. Will you please come with me? Or at least meet me there, later? We'll talk there" Freddie asked with a shaky voice, as he walked towards the door. "I reckon I can come in later.." I mumbled and looked down.

"Please stay here until then" he said and I celebrated in my head, as I had no where else to go. Apart from Anthony's place, but I wasn't ready to face him yet. "Sweet" was all that came out of my mouth and I face palmed.