"What's next? We gonna play horseshoes outside?" Cadence asked Jackson, beginning to chuckle.

"Hey. Don't mock country living, Cade," Jackson replied, laughing at her comment, "Last time you were here, you loved it."

"Sorry. This is just a lot more family fun than I'm used to lately," Cadence admitted, a nervous smile on her face.

"Well, maybe I can help you get used to it again," Jackson replied, seeing as though when she was younger, she had spent quite a lot of time in the bayou with him.

"Then all we got to do is just forget how she spent half her life with witches and humans and the other half with vampires. And not just any, but the man who forced the curse upon us in the first place," Oliver explained, placing a piece of food into his mouth.

"Olly, back off," Jackson warned his friend in a stern tone, "She's the mother of my children, who are just like us. She deserves to be here."

"It's okay, Jack. I can defend myself," Cadence retorted as she turned and smiled at Oliver threateningly, "And if the runt of the litter has something to say, he can say it to my face."

Oliver chuckled, nodding his head at Cadence. "You know, word from the quarter is your boy Elijah holding some kind of power summit," He informed her and Cadence gave him a weird look, "Guess who wasn't invited."

"Elijah's not my boy," Cadence argued, shaking her head at Oliver with an offended look on her face.

"Oh, right, that's Klaus," Oliver commented, earning a glare from Cadence.

"I'm sure there was some reason—" Cadence began to defend Elijah's actions, only to be cut off as Hayley spoke up.

"Where did you hear this?" Hayley asked, a concerned look on her face.

"It's doesn't matter," Oliver replied, shaking his head at her, "The point is is that we're stuck here living in the swamp while your vampire boyfriend's deciding who gets what in the city, but I guess that shows how much respect he's got for the werewolves, huh?"

Oliver sent Hayley a taunting smile, just before walking away.

Hayley sighed and turned, exchanging a look with Cadence. "I'm going to head to the Quarter to figure this all out. You coming?"

"Nope. I have other business to deal with in the Quarter," Cadence replied, earning a weird look from Hayley and Jackson.

____

At first, Cadence had been hesitant to leave the twins with Jackson in the bayou, but after a bit of reassurance from the father of her children, she knew she trusted him enough to make sure nothing happened to their sons.

It wasn't long before she arrived at the Abbatoir. Without hesitation, she traveled to Klaus' room, knowing for a fact he couldn't have been busy. He would, after all, have a lot of time on his hands now that Elijah took control of the city.

"I saw the light from the courtyard and figured that—"Cadence began to say as she entered Klaus' room, only to freeze when she laid eyes on Klaus standing there next to Genevieve, who wore nothing but lingerie and a silk robe that was left open, "You weren't with the half-naked witch bitch. It seems I was wrong."

Cadence rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest, glancing between Genevieve and Klaus. "Ten minutes ago, I was fully naked," Genevieve pointed out and Cadence simply smiled at her.

"Good for you. That means you served your purpose. There's the door," She commented, smiling as she pointed toward the door and waved, "Bye now."

Genevieve glared at Cadence coldly as she walked toward her. "Your kind sure do know how to piss off witches," She growled at Cadence, referring to the fact that she was a siphon witch.