Returning Home

Annabeth smiled as she breathed in the strawberry-scented air. She was back at Camp Half-Blood from a long three months at college and right now, she wouldn't want to be anywhere else. She saw a figure running towards her, and realized with a start that it was Percy. He had decided to stay and train the younger demigods at camp, visiting her every week or so. Running towards her boyfriend, she leapt into his arms and he spun her around in the air.

"Percy!!!" She laughed.

He put her down and kissed her forehead as he brought her in for another hug.

Behind them, Nico, Leo, Jason, Frank , Hazel, and lastly Piper were walking towards them.

Hugging them each, Annabeth got to Piper.

Damn.

Annabeth felt her cheeks heat up as her best friend squeezed her tight. Piper had grown since Annabeth saw her, and as much as she hated to admit it, Piper was actually taller than her now, something that Annabeth had always enjoyed having an advantage over. Annabeth's blush deepened as her eyes skimmed over Piper's tanned shoulders, defined arms and toned legs.

For fuck's sake how can anyone be this perfect? She was pretty before but holy Hera I could just pin her against a wall and-

"Annabeth? Annabeth you okay?" Pipers voice snapped her back to reality. Annabeth realized she was still staring at her friend, and she blushed, embarrassed by her thoughts.

"Y-yeah I'm good. So what have you guys been up too?"

Piper's eyes narrowed slightly in suspicion. Annabeth's heart started to beat faster in her chest, fearing that her best friend would somehow be able to read her mind and call her out on her sudden fantasy. However, this was not the case as Piper's lips pulled back into her signature lopsided grin that Annabeth had admit, looked pretty damn hot on her.

"If you say so nerd" said Piper. "Now let's go eat I'm starving!"

Annabeth couldn't be happier to be home.
———————————————————————————
After a lively dinner filled with familiar faces, pizza, and some s'mores around an open campfire, Annabeth was exhausted. She must have fallen asleep with her head in Percy's lap, because the next thing she knew, Annabeth opened her eyes at the sound of Percy closing the door to her cabin behind him. Shrugging it off, Annabeth retreated back into the land of her dreams.