Tom Riddle and The Chamber Of Secrets

Start from the beginning

-

"Justin..." I whispered, "Sir Nicholas," I look to Madam Pomfrey and then back to my friend.

"I heard you're excellent in herbology," I nod my head, "I think we need your help along with Neville Longbottom's."

"Do you want me to find him?" I questioned her.

"If you could," I nod my head and look at Justin before touching his hand.

"You're going to be okay, Justin," I told him before racing off to find Neville.

"I did what you asked," I said to Tom, he smiles at me as he cupped my chin.

"You did wonderful," he said as his eyes stared into mine, "good girl for helping me."

"Of course," I say to Tom as I kept the eye contact strong.

"Come with me," I nod my head and followed Tom Riddle.

This was going to be a big mistake.

As I stood in the slightly flooded hallway, I heard a noise, I look around before hearing a growl behind me. I slowly look at the ground to see a pair of bright... yellow... eyes.

(Harry pov)

"Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly than the basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it.' Ron, this is it. The monster in the Chamber of Secrets is a basilisk. That's why I can hear it speak. It's a snake!"

Ron and I were talking quietly amongst ourselves about the situation at hand. We were in the hallway.

"But if it kills by looking people in the eye, why is it no one's dead?" Ron questions.

"Because no one did look it in the eye. Not directly, at least. Colin saw it through his camera. Justin... Justin must have seen the basilisk through Nearly Headless Nick. Nick got the full blast of it- but he's a ghost- he couldn't die again." We started walking as we talked about the clues we've received.

"And Hermione... had the mirror. I bet you anything she was using it to look around corners, in case it came along."

"And Mrs. Norris? I'm pretty sure she didn't have a camera or a mirror, Harry." Ron says to me, I looked down at my feet, there was water everywhere.

"The water. There was water on the floor that night. She only saw the basilisk's reflection. 'Spiders flee before it.' It all fits!" I told him.

"But how's a basilisk been getting around? A dirty great snake- someone would have seen it." Ron questions me.

"Hermione's answered that, too." I showed him her answer.

"Pipes? It's using the plumbing!" Ron squeaks.

"Remember what Aragog said, about that girl fifty years ago? She died in a bathroom? What if she never left?" I asked him.

"Moaning Myrtle." I nod my head before we heard footsteps and scrambled behind a pillar.

"All students are to return to their house dormitories at once. All teachers to the second floor corridor, immediately." McGonagall announces.

-

"As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. A student has been taken by the monster into the Chamber itself. The students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts." Mcgonagall says and we looked at the wall.