Chapter 24 - We Make Up

Start bij het begin

She carried all that baggage for so long. Even though we talked I still felt that she was holding something back from me. But I didn't press it. I knew what she told me was hard enough. For the first time I felt guilty of my actions and my behavior towards her. I just don't know how to approach that.

"Alpha Kaius, you have a minute, we need to talk." William comes into my office.

"William you are my second in command and my best friend first, you don't have to ask, but what's up?" I asked.

"I like the new office it suits you, after you destroyed it a week a go. Anyway, close the link first, no one should hear what I have to tell you." William said to me and I did.

"My newly renovated office is now sound proof. Speak." I said.

"I did what you said about the attack on Nyla and I found out a few things." William said and sat down.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Well, remember that vampire attack 3 years ago that happened 8 miles off the territory? A girl was found in pieces and had been injected with enough wolfsbane to kill 20 wolves." William said.

"Yeah sounds familiar. Who's the girl?" I asked while fixing him a drink.

"Nathan's mate Lisa Woods, the same one that was staying here till things calmed down between Nathan's pack and some rogues." William said.

"Now I remember her, what else?" I asked.

"I chose to keep Evan out of this. I don't want to reopen old wounds for right now at least, but Lisa's death is very similar to how Evan's mate died. I think Sergio killed them both. I get Lisa's death, she was a Luna, but I don't understand why to kill Melanie she was no threat to anyone. Plus she was pregnant." William said and gulped his drink down.

Now this has really caught my attention. I never realized that both deaths was a pattern. Also, based on what Nyla told me last week, makes me wonder if Sergio had an accomplice for those deaths as well. Once again, my mate never ceases to amaze me.

"Maybe Sergio did kill them both. I always thought that Melanie's death was off. Even when I've read the autopsy report, Melanie's body was torn to pieces, but didn't have wolfsbane in her system. Her death wasn't planned like Lisa's. Melanie's death was sloppy, on the fly and it was to silence her. This is only a theory, maybe Melanie either saw or heard something she wasn't supposed to hear or see and was killed for it." I said, but I knew it was the truth. The only issue is that we can't prove it.

"Yeah, the only thing is that was unexpected was Nyla fighting back and Evan being there... How are you too anyway? I heard what happened at the hotel from Evan and Ashley that Nyla threw a glass vase at you?" William asked.

"Yeah, she threw a lot of stuff at me. I never seen her so angry before, but I couldn't blame her. I'm giving her space and I know Evan has been going over there for food because of Linda's cooking. Besides, I have a bone to pick with him, I told him to stay away from her... But I miss Nyla like crazy. I fucked up big time and don't know if she'll want me after everything that has happened. You were right William, I'm in love with her, but I'll be damned if I see her in the arms of another man. That shit I won't ever accept." I said.

"I knew it man! I saw it at the party, the way you looked at her, it was game over for you!" William smiled and poured us a drink. "It's too bad our mentor, Amun isn't here he would've figured this shit out. The man was smart." William said.

"Yeah you know it, I remember Amun Nasier, that asshole, was the Lycan rogue with powers. He was on our land almost twenty years ago and saved my life. My father wanted to kill him for trespassing, but my mother and Amun's mate intervene. Then my father allowed him to join the pack as his second. He trained me, he trained all of us, but he was a ball-buster and diligent." I said smiling.