iii. Aliens of London

Start from the beginning

"He's vamoosed!" Mickey exclaims.

"No he hasn't, cause he gave us these," I tell Mickey, pulling the TARDIS key out from under my jumper and Rose pulls hers from her pocket. "He's not my boyfriend, Mickey Smith! He's so much better than that! A hell of a lot more important than some stupid boyfriend! He's-" I'm cut off when I feel the TARDIS key heat up in my fingers. Looking at Rose smiling she says, "I said so." smiling. The whooshing, wheezing sound of the TARDIS engines start up so Rose and I rush over to mum. "Mum, mum. Go inside!"

"Mum! Don't just stand there, just go inside! Just, mum, go!" I try but she stays frozen in place, watching the TARDIS appear in front of us. "Oh, blimey," Rose mutters.

"How'd you do that, then?" mum asks in awe, staring at the blue box and I share a wary glance with Rose before we head inside of the TARDIS.

*********

"Alright, so I lied!" the Doctor waves his heads, standing by the monitor. "I went and had a look, but the whole crash landing's a fake! I thought so, it's just too perfect," he tells us, whilst we nod our heads.

"Like a crash from a tv show or a movie or something?" I ask and the Doctor nods his head. "Exactly, Galaxy. I mean, hitting Big Ben. Come on! So I thought let's go and have a look-" he's cut off by Rose. "Our mum's here," Rose tells the Doctor.

"Oh, that's just what I need," the Doctor groans miserably. "Don't you girls dare make this place domestic," he points between Rose and me sternly and I put my hands up in defense. "You ruined my life, Doctor," Mouse comes up behind him, glaring at the Doctor when he spins to face him. "They thought Rose and Galaxy were dead! I was a double murder suspect because of you!"

The Doctor sighs, turning his head to me, "see what I mean? Domestic." he huffs, making me roll my eyes.

"I bet you don't even remember my name!" Mickey accuses. The Doctor sends me a wink to which I smile at him. "Rickey," he smirks and I bite my lip to keep me from laughing at Mickey's indignant expression. "It's Mickey!" Mouse exclaims.

"No, it's Rickey," the Doctor insists.

"I think I know my own name!"

"You think you know your own name?" the Doctor scoffs. "How stupid are you?" he eyes Mickey with a raised eyebrow. Mum runs out of the TARDIS and I look at Rose then back at mum. "Mum, don't!" Rose calls. "Don't go anywhere!" she points to the Doctor. "Don't start a fight!" she points to Mouse. "Watch 'em," she adds to me before running out after mum, only to come back in a second later. "That was a real spaceship?" she asks, walking up to the other side of the Doctor. "Yep," the Doctor smiles, turning back to the monitor.

"So, it's all a pack of lies? What is it then? Are they invading?"

"Funny way to invade, putting the world on red alert," Mouse mutters, looking over the Doctor's shoulder.

"Good point!" the Doctor praises. "So what're they up to?"

*********

The Doctor is laying beneath the gating floor, his feet propped up while he works. I'm leaning against the console, reading my book trying to block out the conversation Mickey and the Doctor but I end up stuffing my book back in my bag when he walks back over to us. "Some boyfriend you've got, Galaxy," Mouse scoffs, walking over to us.

"H-h-he's not my boyfriend..." I mutter under my breath. I walk over to the Doctor and sit on the grate the Doctor under. "What are you doing?" I ask him, trying to get a better answer out of him than the answer he gave Mickey. "Patching the radar," he tells me.

"So you can follow the flight the spaceship took?" I make sure. 

"Yep," he grins. I just sit there as he twists two wires together and buzzes the sonic at them then plugging the wires in. He gets out from under the grate and pulls me up so I'm standing up. "I could've gotten up on my own, ya know?" I ask him.