- special; two

fortunately, plates of raw meat slices that konoha ordered for us have been delivered, and so akaashi and kuroo took the responsibility to grill them; with bokuto whining while i have small talks with kuroo every now and then.

"kuroo," i nudged him softly with my elbow.

"hmm?"

"please do me a favor..."

"what is it?"

"if later on i happen to nudge—or maybe kick—you, please help me get out of that current situation..."

"uh... okay? i'll try my best."

———▪︎———

when the slices of meat were grilled, kuroo began to put them equally on each of our plates—well, now that i see bokuto's plate, not really. after the griller's empty, both akaashi and kuroo proceeded to grill the rest of the raw meats.

i took my time savoring the taste of the meat coated with soy sauce dipping while playing with my mobile phone, scrolling through numerous posts. before i knew it, i was too indulged to my phone that i forgot the plate in front of me.

"stop playing your phone and eat first. your plate is already full of meat."

startled, i throw a glance at the source of voice and immediately turned off my phone. then, i looked at my plate—which, indeed, is now full of meat—before looking that the others', noticing that their plate weren't as piled up as mine; not even close.

i looked at akaashi once again, this time questionably. he stared at me, at my plate, then at his.

"you're a slow eater and you eat while playing with your phone. it's not a surprise that your plate is piled up while others have nearly finished theirs, isn't it?" he replied nonchalantly, even though he barely made any eye contact while saying so.

"liar, liar, watch out liar~" i heard kuroo say—more like sing—under his breath, and it made me more suspicious of the person in front of me; but i didn't say more as i began to eat and finish up my plate.

"what do you mean by finished, akaashi? you barely even gave us anything to our plate!" bokuto whined.

i put a piece of meat into my mouth and looked up— met his eyes and made eye contact for a few seconds, before he averted his gaze.

then, i noticed that his ears are red.

so, you still care about me, huh?