Chapter 7: No Longer Dead Physically

Zacznij od początku

"Check everyone for weapons!" the man with long black hair instruced and so each of them were searched. When one of them stepped over to Levi, gun up, he hoped they wouldn't dig in his pockets, only patt him down. The photo in his pocket couldn't be taken away; it couldn't. To his relief they did only patt him down in search.

One of the three men took a glance inside the hut to check for anyone else and must have seen Martin because he took a step inside. "Andrew!" he called from inside and a man with short black hair went in after him. The two came out with Martin over their shoulders.

"Woah," the long black-haired man cried. "We're not takin' him with us. He's better off dead. We have stuff to get to and he'll make this take too long. Shoot him."

"No!" April pleaded. "I'll carry him myself!"

The two men holding Martin looked at the long black-haired man, who seemed to be the leader, and he just shrugged. And so they propped him over April's shoulders.

Harry hurried to her side, a few guns going up at his movement but ultimately went down when he was only helping her. He and April each placed one of his arms over their shoulders and they were set.

The leader went behind Levi and hit him with the butt of the gun, telling him to go forward and likewise happened to April, Wendy and even a wounded Paul that could barely walk.

"I can't," Paul insisted to the man that was halting him to his feet. His injured leg that had blood flowing from the bullet site trembled, daring to give out. "I can't," he said again but the man behind him ignored his insistence, telling him to move forward and so he started to as fast as he could without tumbling over.

Levi jumped, his whole body jolting in fear when a loud shot sounded through the air once again not five minutes later. He looked around to see what was shot at, naturally looking at his friends first and found that none of them were shot at just then. He finally realized that it was only a lurking snake that was shot and ultimately killed.

Levi was scared. No, that was an understatement. He was horrified with terror, more than he'd felt in a long time. The only other times he was this horrified was when he watched his daughter Rylie tumble into the lashing waves, her face never reaching the surface and when he, the captain, and the crew plunged into the same water as the shark. His body shook and his breaths were rapid with fear. He guessed his friends were likewise.

It had to have been ten minutes into the walk when a sudden thud sounded behind Levi. He heard someone moan in pain and say, "I can't!" That was Paul's voice and he assumed he fell over.

"Are you okay?" Levi heard Harry ask the man. "No, listen, we must get the bullet out! And the only way I can think of is the put a knife or something over a fire and then dig into Paul's leg to get it out." Levi turned his direction, the man behind him tenseing his trigger with a frown. But didn't say anything.

No one did anything, they only stared at Harry as if they didn't hear what he just said. That was until a few moments later when one of the men reached into his pocket and grabbed out a knife and, after a quick glance at the leader, he and a few others began gathering sticks for a fire.

Levi only watched as the fire started, the blank expression displayed on his face completely opposite than what he was feeling. The flames that grew nearly went out from a gust of wind that blew its direction as if on cue. A knife went over the fire a few moments later after it grew some and it stayed over it for a full minute.

Harry was shoved aside by the woman holding onto the knife and Paul tensed impossibly more when she took a hold of him leg, the knife in her hand getting dangerously close to his wound.