The situation went beyond everyone's expectations. The intervals between Fengjiu's contractions got shorter and shorter, until it seemed like there were no more breaks in between. Fengjiu felt the pain get worse and worse as she continued to endure. Donghua felt like he was dying inside as he witnessed Fengjiu try to be brave and assure him that she was alright.

Around the early hours the next morning, Fengjiu was already at her limit and began screaming in pain. Donghua held her hand as he also tried to calm down. He couldn't ask her anything because she was obviously not okay. "Jiu'er I'm here. Just cry out if it's painful." Donghua said softly as he caressed Fengjiu sweat-soaked forehead. She looked at him with teary eyes while Donghua's heart clenched at the sight. He kept comforting her and pressing kisses to her forehead as she tried to bear the pain.

The maids watched Donghua frantically coax his wife with amazement. Men were usually not allowed in the birthing room, but here was the former Heavenly Emperor, sitting beside his wife while holding her hand as she gave birth.

"How long is this going to take?" Donghua asked furiously at the terrified midwife.

"It will still take a long time Dijun..."

"What exactly is a long time?! You've been telling me that for the past few hours!"

"Dijun, I already said this, but giving birth takes time. Please calm down. It would be better if you go out and get some rest."

Donghua flew into rage, "My wife looks like she's about to die from pain and you're telling me to sleep?!" The midwife looked at the maids helplessly. They have never seen a man staying inside the delivery room, yet here he was raging about it taking too long.

The midwife looked helplessly at Her Highness Fengjiu. This was the first time in her entire life, that a husband was inside the delivery room getting angry at her for not delivering the baby faster so his wife could be rid of the pain.

The midwife was the best in all the heavens, but she was still nervous when she was called to reside in Taichen Palace and serve Donghua Dijun's wife. It was her first time meeting the former Heavenly Emperor, but after meeting him many times, she realized he was totally different from the rumors. She had heard he was unfeeling and indifferent.

But when she arrived in Taichen Palace, she met the tall icy deity who listened to whatever his wife said. He barely left Her Highness and was overprotective. She thought it was quite amazing that a cold man like him could have such a good relationship with a lady like Her Highness. She just never expected that he'd go crazy when it was time for Her Highness to give birth.

"Dijun, please be patient. You can't keep interrupting if you want Her Highness to give birth safely." Just like the midwife expected, Donghua calmed down at the words regarding his wife's wellbeing. "She will be okay, right?" The midwife gave a start when she heard the fear in Dijun's voice as he looked at Her Highness with unconcealed worry.

The midwife suddenly realized why Dijun was being so unbearable. She had heard rumors that Her Highness met a trial more than 5,000 years ago that caused her to perish. Now that she's back, Dijun would always make sure nothing like that could ever happen again. The midwife felt her heart soften. "Don't worry Dijun, Her Highness is doing great."

*****

A few hours later, the sun was bright while birds were chirping happily. Fengjiu was lying on the bed, pale as she held a baby wrapped in swaddling clothes. The baby was done crying as he fell asleep contentedly in his mother's arms. Fengjiu was looking down at the beautiful baby boy with a radiant smile. Donghua looked at her with a doting stare.