𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮

Start from the beginning

I turned my phone off and I buried my face into my hands, sobbing quietly.

Chloe patted my back as I cried.

I hugged Chloe really tight and I secretly wished that I was in a dream, hoping to wake up.

Chloe kept patting and rubbing my back, calming me down.

I wasn't crying anymore, but I still felt like it.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry." She said.

"It's not your fault Chloe, I'd hate the whole world if you thought this was your fault." I said quietly.

"Y/n, I just want to say that maybe you don't deserve him, but think of it this way, what if the girl kissed him?"

I gulped and I said "That does explain the deep look of regret."

"So what if it was truly 'not what it looked like?' What if the girl kissed him to create problems in your relationship?"

"Well he shouldn't have had her over in the first place."

"What if she manipulated him into bringing her home with him?"

"Stop asking rhetorical questions Chloe, I'm tired of hearing 'What if."

"I do make really good points y/n, just think about it, I have to get ready to go to work."

I let go of her and I sighed softly.

I laid down on the couch and I cuddled up with a pillow, feeling tired.

Chloe went away and she got ready for work.

After she left I turned my phone on again, hoping that he'll call to apologize.

I got an idea.

I got up and I took a shower and I blow dried my hair, getting ready- for the first time in a while- to go pick my daughter up from school.

I drove to her school and I went in, asking which class she was in so I could pick her up.

They told me what classroom she was in so I walked to that classroom.

I opened the door and I said "I'm so sorry to bother you, but I'm picking Madison up."

"Mommy!" I heard her voice say as she got up and she ran up to me and she gave me a tight hug.

I kissed her cheek and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said then I closed the door.

I drove home with Maddie in the back seat and I didn't see Tom's car, which was a big surprise.

He probably got another job.

I got out and I opened the back door, letting Maddie out.

She got down and she giggled, running up to the door, jumping up and down.

I grabbed my keys and I unlocked the door, holding my finger up to my mouth to tell her to be quiet.

She understood and she walked through the house quickly but quietly.