"Not like I have anything better to do." I messed with my hands, not looking at him, "It's fine- don't worry about it."

"Look, I'm sorry I kept pushing it-" Jace's words made my heart break because he wasn't the one who needed to apologize, "I- can't stand this tension- I don't care- where we are- or what we're doing- I just care that we're something to each other- that isn't this."

Before I could reply, my eyes glued to him, Clary's voice filled my ears, "Just be prepared, 'cause they are going to be happy you're here."

"What?" Simon's voice followed as they walked over to the two of us, "Zee likes me-"

Jace questions, "What is he doing here?"

"Well hello to you." Simon smiles lightly at him, "I'm joining the mission-"

"No, you're not-" I softly shook my head, "Simon- sorry, but- you weren't invited- the Queen-"

Clary cuts me off, "I already told him that."

"But- then I pointed out that you can never have too much backup." Simon points out, "You've seen my fighting skills firsthand."

"There will be no fighting." I immediately say, "If you hurt anyone in the Queen's realm, she has every right to hurt you."

"This is a sensitive political mission." Jace crosses his arms, "It takes a certain charm."

"Well, I'll have you know, I was voted vice president in eighth grade." Simon said, "And you do not win an election without charm."

"Simon, this isn't middle school- come on, this isn't a joke." I cross my arms as well, "This is life or death."

Simon looks at me, "Have you been to middle school?"

"Look, Seelies have the beauty of angels, and the viciousness of demons, and those opposing qualities makes them unpredictable." Jace told him, "A vampire or a werewolf, they prefer to attack you head on, but- Seelies, they want to trick you into your own self-destruction."

"I mean, that's a little dramatic, don't you think?" Simon replies, "I mean, aren't Seelies like- woodland hippies who eat berries and ants?"

Jace sighs, "I thought the same about Kaelie."

"And who saved Zee from her?" Simon recalls.

"Fine." I pointed right at him, "But- if something happens, I'm not saving your ass-"

"Where is the entrance?" Clary asks, as I pointed, "The Seelie Court is in a creek?"

"Not in it- through it." Jace moved back, then jumped over the fence and into the water, disappearing.

I shot them a look, before jumping right after him.

"Whoa-" Clary looked around when her and Simon jumped through and landed behind us.

I look at Simon, "After you, Mr. Vice President."

-

"You told Jace what?" Clary quietly said to me as we walked, a few feet away from Jace and Simon, "Why on earth would you do that?"

"Because it's the best for the both of us-" I quietly snipped at her, "It was never going to happen anyway- we're both convinced neither of us is capable of love- it's better to have put an end to it rather than let it strong on like a beacon of hope and destroy us both slowly-"

"Zee- love is strength." Clary replies to me, staring at me, "It's the strongest thing of all- if you would've just given into your feelings for Jace, you could've felt that-"