Safekeeping

After speaking to Camille I went to find Marcel.

We stood on the balcony and talked for a while. He told me the rules of the city. For the witches and the vampires.

  When we looked over the balcony we saw a woman walking alone. It was Camille. What was she doing?

  "New blood." Was all Marcel said.

  He didn't recognize her. She was a local, he said they don't kill the locals.

"New bartender." I clarified.

"Walking alone at night, she's either brave or dumb." I added.

  Marcel looked down at her once again. He then looked back at me.

  "Brave she lives, dumb she's dessert." He said, before jumping down.

  Panic rises inside me. She had to be brave. If she wasn't I knew I had to intervene.

"You know it's not safe to walk along at night " Marcel said.

  Camille turned around to face who was speaking to her. She looked to think for a good answer.

  "You know I have a black belt in karate." She replied.

She was brave. The panic left as quick as it came.

  "I see, well enjoy your night." Marcel said, as he left. He also considered her brave.

  I immediately felt a presence. Elijah was here. I turned to face him.

  "So Niklaus, you really were just with Marcel, Rebekah thought you murdered half the city by now."

  I laughed. Of course Rebekah thought that. I mean it was something I would do. Maybe I should later, just to show Marcel not to mess with Camille.

"Instead your stalking bartenders." He said amused.

I gave him a look, telling him to shut up. He looked over the balcony. Watching Camille walk away.

  "I'll admit she's beautiful, pure. We should probably stay a hundred feet away from her." He added.

  He was right, anything beautiful and pure near a Mikaelson turns toxic. For some reason I didn't want to leave her.