⚡︎ Third Year: Chapter One ⚡︎

"𝔻𝕚𝕒𝕘𝕠𝕟 𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕪!"

First chapter in, and I'm super excited to write this book!

✱ ✲ ✱ ✲ ✱ ✲ ✱
☟ ☟ ☟ ☟

Third Person POV

Being a Gryffindor was hard. (Y/n) found it strange that people seemed to frolic under the illusion that fame was something to be appreciative of, or something that was obligated to shape you into who you were, but (Y/n) had never really discovered any good in her experiences. In fact, (Y/n) had wished for nothing more than to be left alone by the Daily Prophet and the Minister for Magic; to become invisible, perhaps, and live a life that was not thwarted at every stage by Voldemort.

(Y/n) later came to the conclusion that becoming friends with a certain Harry Potter did not help her in her pledge to stay away from the forefront of the media... still, it was all worth it in the end...

This is (Y/n) Gryffindor and her horrendously long life.

♔ ♔ ♔ ♔

Gryffindor. This was almost a stage name, a front for the public that knew that the (L/n) family were descendants of Godric Gryffindor himself.

It was also the name that (Y/n)'s father had taken on during his Hogwarts years; nobody had ever addressed him as (L/n). Although his reputation at Hogwarts had rather tarnished the name Gryffindor...

Naturally over the years 'Gryffindor' had faded away, most recently the family bore the name (L/n) but it did not distract from the fact that plenty of people still knew who Gryffindor's heirs were.

♔ ♔ ♔ ♔

(Y/n) Gryffindor was a witch, but not your ordinary one; for starters, (Y/n) had never attended Hogwarts prior to her third-year. The only reason regarding this that she had managed to weasel out of her mother was because the 'circumstances' were too complex.

(M/n) (L/n), (Y/n)'s mother, was a witch who worked at the Ministry of Magic. It would have been much too modest to say that (M/n) had not played an important role in the Ministry; she had always been a rather respected figure and she worked in the Department of International Magical Cooperation. Some people were surprised that (M/n) had never been offered a promotion, but the truth was she had never accepted one. She enjoyed interpreting magical laws and dealing with trade regulations. Nothing anyone else said could really change her mind.

(Y/n) and her mother lived alone; (Y/n)'s father had never been present in her life and she knew that he had been murdered at the hands of Voldemort the night Lily and James Potter had also died. (Y/n) knew not to ask too much about her father; her mother never seemed very keen to talk about him, but she knew that her father had been very close friends with James Potter during their Hogwarts days.

(Y/n) had spent the last two years at home when the other children her age had gone off to attend Hogwarts. The thought had been insufferable for (Y/n) at first, but became bearable eventually.

(Y/n) had been homeschooled, but she had never had any of the pleasures that Hogwarts students had been given. For one, she had never acquired a wand, which seemed silly considering she had always been a witch, but then (Y/n) also knew that she did not need one for reading from textbooks and learning theory rather than doing practicals. Still, (Y/n) always liked to consider herself intelligent. She reckoned that the limited distractions and hours of boredom had aided her in her education.