EMPTYSWIMMINGPOOLS.

Start from the beginning

She seemed to be in constant change.
Maybe it was intentional, maybe she changed to avoid people figuring her out.

Still, Selena seemed like a person that would silently be wishing for someone to figure her out but wouldn't want to help out or admit it. She seemed to be the kind of person to answer 'no' wishing you would keep asking her, and wanting to say 'yes' but not doing it because it would seem weak, but also becuase she wouldn't have you asking her anymore.

"It's all yours, blonde"

"Really? I'll pick it up tomorrow then" Cassie was consistent to ask for the couch, sometimes getting rotund no's and sometimes even getting whole plans to transport it. It never actually happened.
She wished she could figure out when would Selena finally stop being afraid to give her a proper serious answer to anything.

"It's yours, but it's staying here" Selena reformed her sentence, yet again showing her prominent undecisive side.

"Let me have it, Sel! I want it in my room" The blonde whined, genuinely trying to get the couch from her. She just felt so comfortable. She had spent ocassions crying with Selena by her side, and the couch could keep her comfortable through long times of tears, and reassuring words, or even silence.

The red couch kept track of Selena, kept Cassie comfortable, and it also kept memories.

"No can do"

"What if I got you a new one?" She suggested, ignoring the lack of space for a couch or any other piece of furniture on her crowded room, and blindly wanting to get the couch almost as if it was a matter of pride.

"Mmmh, no" Selena was not making any favors to her pride, or desire, whatever it was.

Cassie changed her position from staring at the ceiling with her legs on Selena's lap, to sitting up facing her, but maybe a little to quickly since the girl's features seemed to be all over her face for a few seconds. If she aimed for a forehead kiss right now she might just kiss her nose, or her lips. "Why though?" She asked, squinting her eyes afterwards, recovering her normal vision.

"Cause if the couch stays here you'll keep coming. You take it and you won't have any more reasons to come, so you will stop visiting me" She enjoyed having the blonde at her house, it felt like a ray of sunshine somehow combined with rainbows in the middle of her living room. It was intense, and sometimes blinding, but it felt good to have it every once in a while.

"Oh don't worry about that silly! You're uncle's pretty cool, I'll come visit him" The brunette tried to keep a straight upset face but failed quickly. Cassie seemed funnier, too, Selena noticed.

"Shut up" She mumbled with a smile on her face.

"You're pretty cool too" Facing the wall in front of her, Selena could hear the grin on Cassie's words. As she turned her head to see her she found the bright white smile. It shone just like sun does. And diamonds.

"Yeah, you cool too" Sunshines, rainbows and diamonds.

"Although I do prefer the couch" Cassie joked. They both laughed but Selena didn't care to answer, too busy observing the person beside her. "See, right now I'm here to check up on you. The couch's an extra" Cassie reassured her seriously this time. Rainbows and diamonds, and sun. Cherry lipgloss, strawberry lips, cotton candy eyes. Or ocean. Gold, ice, lemon, roses, petals of roses, and sun, rainbows and diamonds.

Stunned, Selena dragged herself out of Cassie's pool as if she was a mermaid and her thoughts were an unexpert body underwater that seemed to be deeper and more lost by the time. What would happen if she didn't rescue herself and drowned there? Would she mind?
She took Cassie's words in and answered, in an even slower tone."Okay, yeah... Why check up on me?"