"Wuhgwan cuz," I hug them both, "Are we early, because there's no one else here?" Raheem asks, confusion taking over his face, he looks to see Trent coming to dap him.

"Yeah, I had you two come early because I wanted to talk to you about something," I say quietly, my voice shaking a little.

"Is everything okay?" Raz's confusion quickly turns into concern.

"Yeah, let's talk in my room," I lead him to my bedroom and shut the door. I notice Raheem still looks worried about what I'm about to say.

I explain to Raz that Trent and I had been getting closer recently, becoming more than friends. I ended by telling him why I waited to tell him about Trent and I seeing each other, "You know how I am about relationships now and I didn't want you to worry if it wasn't going to be serious. But now, we're officially together..." I trail off. 

"I can't believe you would do this Syd," he starts, eerily calm to an outsider but I can tell he's fuming. "Why would you enter a relationship with another athlete after the first one you were with was on bullshit and the second one nearly killed your ass?" he says, raising his voice.

"Raz, please don't yell, I haven't told Trent about that yet and I can't deal with that tonight" I beg, sitting on the chair in the corner of my room.

"Oh, you can't deal with that right now?And I just have to deal with the fact that you're jumping into another relationship after what happened with that last idiot? He almost killed you, and then you just went back to work like nothing happened. I wanted you here so I could protect you since I couldn't the last time" he begins to tear up.

I get up to hug my cousin, "Raz, that wasn't your fault. I know I should've handled it better, but I couldn't bring myself to. If I stopped, I wouldn't be where I am today. And, I've been speaking to a therapist for the last six months and have made so much progress. I didn't tell you because I feel bad always dragging you into my mess, you have your own life to worry about," I pull out of the hug and give him a small smile, which he returns. 

"You're always going to be my main priority cuz, you'll never understand the pain I went through when you were in the hospital because of that rassclaat little boy, the family almost put money pon his head" he kisses his teeth, "But, if its Trent I have to thank for getting you out of my house and into your own, I'm thankful, man of the year in my heart" he bats his eyelashes.

"Oh now you're mocking it? Bet," I push him away, causing us both to laugh and head back downstairs.

Glad that's over. 

"Oh my goodness, you're still alive!" Paige hugs me dramatically.

"Barely.." I mumble.

Now I have everything off my chest with Raz , this just reminded me of another thing I have to handle. When am I going to tell Trent about what happened the last time I was in a relationship?