I brought my knees up to my chest and rested my head on the wall, looking at the floor with tears in my eyes. I was starting to remember the good memories I had of him. This world changed him, as soon as things started to go to shit and my dad got shot, that's when the flip switched in his head. As much as I hated Shane for what he did to us, he was a part of our family. I've known him for as long as I can remember. Some of my first memories I had, he was in them. There were family photos of him holding me when I was a baby. Every birthday, he was there for all of them. He never missed my birthday or Carl's birthday.

Someone sat down next to me and I looked over to see Maggie. She wrapped an arm around my shoulders and I leaned into her, resting my head on her shoulder. She rested her cheek on the top of my head and rubbed my arm.

~Few days later~

We haven't had any luck, we haven't been able to stay at one place longer than a day. We just finished clearing a house, I was getting some things from the car. "We don't need those," Dad said walking up to me. "Oh," I said and put them back down, I closed the trunk door and looked over to him. "Cmon." He said putting his hand on my arm and looking around us. I pulled away from him feeling a pain on my arm, where Shane grabbed me. I had bruises on my arms and they hurt whenever I touched them. He looked at me and put his arm down. I looked at him too and hugged myself. "I'm cold," I said looking at him for a second then turning around, heading back to the house. "No, what was that?" He asked walking next to me.

"Nothing, It's cold daddy." I said as I continued to walk. "I can tell when you're lying, stop." He said putting a hand on my other arm which was also bruised "It's nothing-" I pulled away from him again, "-daddy, I just wanna go inside." I said, not wanting to have this conversation. He pulled away and stood in front of me. "Stop." He said standing in front of me, stopping me. I took a step back and looked around us, making sure there weren't any walkers. "What's goin' on..?" He asked looking at me. "Nothing." I repeated and looked back at him. "I'm cold," I said shaking my head. He hesitantly shook his head, not taking his eyes off me. "Are you hurt?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows confused.

"No, Can we just go inside? Please?" I asked, trying to get out of this. "No, what's wrong?" He repeated. "Nothing daddy, please can we go?" I asked trying to go around him. He held his arms out towards me, about to grab my arms, trying to stop me. "Dad-" I backed up slightly. "Aurora now." He said. "A- w-" I cut myself off about to say a walker grabbed me but i knew he wouldn't believe that. He furrowed his eyebrows again, confused. "Are you hurt..?" He repeated. I shook my head. "I'm fine.." I said looking at him. "What happened?" He asked. "It doesn't matter anymore daddy.. Can we just drop it? Please..?" I asked. "No. What happened?" He repeated.

I sighed a bit and looked away from him, "Please don't tell mom.." I said looking back at him. ".. Alright." He said hesitantly. "Promise me." I said. He nodded slightly. "Promise.." he said.

I sighed and shook my head. "The day the farm got overrun, Shane tried talking to me." I said still holding myself. "I didn't want to talk to him so I tried walking away from him and he grabbed my arms.. He was mad. But Daryl stopped him before he could do anything else. He was telling me how he was the one who saved us and how it was always going to be him. I have bruises.. But i'm fine." I said. "Why didn't you say anything earlier?" He asked, shaking his head. "You guys were taking care of the whole Randall thing. It was more important." I said. He shook his head immediately, "Nothing- no." He said putting his hand on my cheeks. "Nothing is more important to me than you or- Carl. When things like this happen you have to tell me sweetheart." He said furrowing his eyebrows. I nodded a bit, "Okay, i'm sorry.." I said softly. He pulled me into him for a hug.

Word Count: 1529