𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean she didn't tell me? Is there something I was supposed to know?" He cuts me off, his brows still were furrowed, and his arms were crossed, standing completely straight as he looks at me.

"She didn't tell you?" my voice came out almost in a whisper, the sudden silence of the room deafening.

"Tell me what exactly?" He treads carefully, trying to get me to talk, as if he already knew something. I narrow my eyes at him.

"What do you know?"

"What do you mean what do I know? What does Camille know? McKenna what secrets are you still keeping?" He raises his hands in annoyance, dropping them to the side as his palms slap the sides of his thigh.

"Harry, what do you know?" The tears were dried up on my cheeks, but new ones seemed to be forming as he took a few breathes.

"I overheard you talking to Bella at the afterparty. I heard you tell her you have feelings for me." Was he being serious? I look at him, trying to suss him out, but he looked serious. I let out a small laugh, to which he snaps his head up at me.

"Why the fuck are you laughing?" He snaps, which made me immediately stop. My eyes narrowing at him.

"Harry, I never said that to Bella!"

"You did! You were drunk! That's why you don't remember! How could I be so stupid, of course you were drunk when you admitted your feelings, you never open up to anyone! DIdn't you realize how clingy I was acting when we were at Disneyland? How I deliberately made us "separate" from the group?"

That's why he was so affectionate that day, it wasn't because of the possibility that we would be photographed, it was because he heard me admit that I liked him. This isn't making any sense.

"This isn't making any sense," I stumble back, landing back on the loveseat as I drop my head in my hands, tears streaming down my face. The room was quiet, too quiet. The only noise was my heavy breathing, and Harry's pacing in the room.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He spoke up after a while, his voice quiet. I lift my head and looked at him, he was standing before me with a passive look on his face. His hand was pulling his lip in between his fingers.

"As cliche as it sounds, I didn't wanna ruin our friendship." I spoke out in a whisper, afraid I would break the peace of the room, "I started to think we were just better off as friends, especially now that things between you and Camille are becoming serious. I didn't want to become the person who came in between you and your relationship."

"I don't even know if I love her anymore." He whispered, and I almost didn't catch it, but I did, and I looked to him with a confused expression, I was about to speak but he cut me off.

"But this, us, it can't happen." He was avoiding my eyes, looking everywhere in this room but me. I should respect his decision, but why?

"Why not?" I stand from the loveseat, making my way to him cautiously, his eyes were still avoiding mine as I approach him.

"I'm already in too deep with Camille, I don't want to break her heart. I love her, I do, but I don't love her as much as she loves me. McKenna if you had said something earlier, before all this crazy shit that happened, then yes, we could happen, but I'm sorry." Within his whole speech, he had only looked at me once.

"Tell me you don't feel the same way," I spoke, my head lifted high, but my insides were crumbling, I wanted to appear strong even if I was breaking inside, "Look me straight in the eye, and tell me you don't feel the same way."