𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

Zacznij od początku

"Ok, McKenna, what's going on?" He laughs lightly, his smile never leaving his face

"Can't I want to hang out with my best friend?" I shrug, giving him a tight-lipped smile, to which he furrows his brows at.

"Okay, McKenna, you're acting really strange, what's going on?" He looks at me confused, his lips pursed and in between his fingers, pulling his lower lip with his index and thumb.

"Nothing! Everything's fine." I lie through my teeth, my voice raising a few octaves which made Harry cock his head to the side, narrowing his eyes at me.

"You know you have a tell right? When you're lying?" He asks, crossing his arms and raising his brow at me.

"I do?" I retort

"You have a few. For starters, your voice raises a few octaves, you pick at your nails, you play with the ends of your hair, you bite the inside of your cheek, you bite your bottom lip." He lists off, his hands moving animatedly as he does.

"Okay, okay, you got me!" I raise my hands in surrender, giving him a small smile

"So, I'll ask again, what's up McKenna?"

"Uhm, I- I uhm," I stuttered out, my sudden confidence deflating as I stared at him, his brows were furrowed, head cocked to the side as he stared back at me.

I felt the room suddenly grow hot, my palms were sweating and I could feel the walls of Harry's apartment closing in on me.

"McKenna, are you alright?" He's suddenly at my side, his arm finding it's way to my back as he rubs his hand comfortingly in circles.

"I'm fine-Totally fine!" I stand, moving away from him, I need to keep a safe distance between him and I. Why? I don't think I'll be able to control myself.

"McKenna, talk to me." He begs, his head in his hands as he frustratingly pulls on his hair.

"Harry, I-" it was like the words were stuck in my throat and I couldn't get them out.

"What, McKenna?" He was starting to get frustrated, and I could feel the tears starting to well up, and I could feel my chest tightening with anxiety.

I remained quiet, trying to even out my breathing, and trying to stop myself from crying. I open my mouth, ready to speak, but I couldn't, so I just shut it. I probably looked like a fish.

"I-, I-"

"You what, McKenna?" the tension in the room was high, Harry was now standing, but I still managed to keep my distance, the coffee table was in between us.

"I love you, okay?" I yell out, my eyes widening at my sudden outburst. Harry's expression matched mine, his eyes were wide, and his lips parted, then his brows furrowed, his expression suddenly changing to irritation.

"You, what? I-, excuse me, but what?" His voice suddenly was loud, as he bellows his words at me. Tears were now falling from my eyes.

"I know we started off as something that isn't real, but as time grew, my feelings for you did too!" I cried out, my frustrations, and unspoken feelings finally caving through the invisible wall I had put up.

"Oh don't do that Kenna! In the beginning, we both agreed that we would just stay friends! Why would you say this now?" He was frustrated, that was clear, his hands were moving around animatedly as he stared at me, confusion and hurt were expressed in his eyes.

I looked at him, cocking my head to the side as I narrowed my eyes at him, "Didn't you notice that with the amount of times we spent together, with the music I wrote, we wrote, it was bound to happen! I didn't know it would eventually evolve into love! You saw the signs! How could someone not see the signs, everyone did! Heck even Camille did, I'm surprised she didn't tell you about what she read in my journal-"