Truth, Conflict

Chapter Four: The Truth

It was noon when Elizar woke up, he sat up on the sofa his neck felt stiff and sore.

That’s the last I’ll be sleeping on the couch.

He roamed around the apartment and found no one in Allea’s room. Elizar looked around her room. The room was messy with scattered clothes and books.

“Where’d that little devil go? She’s got training” Elizar sighed, picking up her mess.

He’d end up cleaning the whole apartment and done the laundry for her. He sat on the sofa waiting for Allea to return. He couldn’t stay put.

“Hey, I’ve seen Allea with a man just now” a familiar voice said. Alicade was behind him with Mikhal who was smoking a stick of cigarette. Elizar scowled.

“What? She’s getting herself in trouble again” Elizar said, about to grab his coat and walk out.

“He’s so gullible” Mikhal rolled her eyes, puffing out white smoke from her mouth. Alicade laughed, covering his mouth with his hand.

“Damn you guys, don’t you have something important to do like train your sorcerers” Elizar asked, placing the coat down and throwing himself on the sofa chair.

“They’re at school. We made a deal that by day, they go to school and by night and weekends we train them. How’s it going with your sorcerer?” Mikhal asked.

Elizar remembering what happened yesterday. It almost gave him a heart attack seeing Allea almost killed by Desiree.

“Allea ran to Desiree yesterday”

“She’s awake already?” Alicade asked biting the tip of his thumb.

“This only means that Ynferno’s near to waking up. We need to train them and help them to become stronger in a short period of time” Mikhal decided.

“Yeah, but we can’t tire them out.” Elizar said.

“Wait, she agreed?” Alicade asked, referring to Allea.

“She did” there was a tone of pride in Elizar’s voice.

“Told you she’d come through” Mikhal smiled, puffing another smoke, and throwing the cigarette butt in the trash can.

*******

It was early in the morning and Allea decided to go to school today. She wore her a V-neck tee with a pair of black jeans and a scarf. She took her bag and left Elizar sleeping on the couch. She smiled before leaving.

“Seriously…” she mumbled and headed out.

She was in front of the gate of her university and just stared at it. She didn’t think that it all seemed so new to her, she turned around about to leave.

“Allea?” a voice called out. She turned around and saw Bryan. They stared at each other for a while.

“Is that really you? Oh no don’t tell me your dead and your spirit’s roaming the earth because you haven’t passed your math project yet?” Bryan said hysterically shaking Allea. Allea head butt Bryan back.

“Ouch!” Bryan reacted, flicking Allea’s forehead as a counter attack.

“I’m coming back to school and this is how you greet me?” Allea sighed.

“What made you change your mind?”

“I just felt like it” Allea said embarrassed.

“Good to have you back then” Bryan smiled.