"So, Ella gets to Club Echo around 1:00 a.m. Witnesses put her and Alex at the after party at 2:00 a.m. Jay saw her at 2:30, and she was in the alleyway around 3:00. Not a wide window" Hailey said. "Hell, I'm thinking something went wrong at the party between Ella, Alex, and the distributor. So let's go back to Echo, talk to this guy Alex. Work his ass. Figure out who his supplier is" Voight said. "Sarge, I know Alex. I met him through Camila. Let me work him and make an undercover buy" Jay said. "Okay. You're taking Ln" Voight said.

Once Jay and I were ready, we headed to Club Echo to talk to Alex. "Yo, Alex, what's up, man" Jay asked. "Hey, how's it going" Alex said. "This is my friend Yn" Jay said and introduced me. "Nice to meet you, Yn" Alex said. "You too" I say. "So you only roll with pretty people, huh" Alex asked Jay, causing him to laugh. "I try to, anyway" he said. "If you ask me, it's a solid strategy. You two looking to party? Because I'm feeling some pretty good vibes right now, especially from Yn" Alex said. "Aw, sorry, Alex. You're not my type" I say. "Yeah? What is your type" Alex asked me. "I'm really into First-Responders. You know, firefighters, paramedics, cops, doctors. That sort of thing. I love the whole hero persona" I say.

"Let's get some drinks, yeah" Alex asked. "Yeah" Jay said. "So where's Camila" Alex asked. "Oh, she's working Veil. I might stop by later. I came by because I wanted to see if you could hook me up" Jay said to Alex. "What do you mean" he asked. "I want to buy some blow" Jay replied. "Why are you asking me" Alex asked. "Because I know you" Jay responded. "You know Camila better" Alex said. The look on Jay's face made me realize that he didn't know Camila sold drugs. "I'm guessing she didn't tell you she sells, too. I'm also guessing give you a better deal since you're good friends" Alex said. 

"Look, man. I'm looking to buy some big product. I've got a lot of eager customers who want quality stuff" Jay said. "We have eager customers, actually. We're in this together" I say. "What kind of weight were you thinking" Alex asked. "Quarter key" Jay replied. "I don't have that kind of weight with me, but I can get it. Nine grand" Alex said. "Come on, man, don't do me like that. We both know eight's the right number" Jay said. "Meet me here tomorrow at 1:00" Alex said. 

...................................

"We set up a buy with Alex at 1:00 p.m. tomorrow, which means he needs to buy a quarter key from his supplier" I say. "All right, and we've already got him hooked up. We got a wire on his cell and his burner phone" Kevin said. "GPS tracker on his car too" Al added. "So if this guy moves, we'll know it. Hopefully we track him to his source. We can bust them both" Adam said. "Well, we stay on top of him until then. He moves. We move" Voight said. As everyone got back to some digging, Voight approached me. "Hey, where's Jay" he asked. "He's with Camila" I say. "That's all you want to tell me" Voight asked. "He's working his source, Sarge. Trying to figure out what she knows. That's all I know, and that's all I want to know" I say.

The team grabbed up Alex, but no one was there to give him the drugs. It was just a stop and grab sort of deal. At the district, after some persuading, Alex gave up the name of his recruiter; Camila Vega. As soon as Jay found that out, he tried to leave the bullpen to go after her, but I stopped him. "Hey, no. You can't talk to her. She's a suspect now" I say. "No, she is not. She would not do something like this. I know her" Jay said. "And I thought I knew everything about you and this undercover job, but I'm finding out that you and Camila are closer then I expected" I say. "Yn, it's not like that. Just let me talk to her. Maybe I can figure this out. I can get a name" Jay said. "Jay, no, hey. You are not thinking straight. Whatever loyalty you have to this girl, it is not worth it. You have to let it go" I say. Jay didn't say anything after that and just walked straight past me.

I then went to Voight, and we tracked Jay to Grant Park. "What the hell are you doing here" Voight asked him. "I don't know what she told you" Jay said and looked at me. "You think Yn needed to tell me something? Jay, you're not that good. So I'll ask you again. What the hell are you doing here" Voight asked. "I'm going to see Camila" Jay responded. "I know that. My question is, 'Why'" Voight said. "To see what she knows" Jay said. "Well, here's what I know. She's a suspect in the murder of a DEA agent" Voight said. "She didn't kill anybody" Jay said. "You don't know that" I say firmly. "You're going to work her. You're going to wear this wire, find out exactly what she knows, and bury her ass. You understand me" Voight asked. Jay sighed, but took the wire.

Camila gave up the name of her source, Wallace Blake, and by that point, I was just done. "You guys can catch him without me. I'm through" I tell Voight. "What? Yn, come on" Adam said. "Don't talk to me" I say to Adam and pull on my jacket. "Yn, you've been avoiding me all day like the plague. Can we just talk" Adam asked. "I don't want to talk to you or Jay at the moment. All I want to do is go home, get some sleep, and forget about everything that's happened the past few days. Is that okay with you, Sarge" I ask. "Since we've basically got our guy, it's fine with me, Ln" Voight said. "Great. Thanks. I'll see you all tomorrow" I say.