I spotted Mikey in the halls, but I didn't acknowledge his presence. He had gotten a ride with Ray's mom today, which meant he hadn't walked with me to school...not that he did that much anymore. We used to be so close...before I dated Ray and fucked everything up. I missed him more than I would ever admit to myself, but my quest to find love had driven even my own brother away.

I silently observed Mikey out of the corner of my eye as I pulled things out of my locker. He was surrounded by a group of his friends, laughing uproariously at something that I had missed. A strange giggle that I hadn't heard before caught my attention, and I turned my head slightly to observe a short boy with black hair standing next to Mikey who I had never seen before, which is a strange occurrence, because our school isn't that big, and I know everyone here. A new student then? This could be interesting...someone who doesn't know my reputation, at least for a little while.

I continued to stand there like a creeper and observe my younger brother enjoying himself with the new kid. They just seemed so happy and carefree. In a way - I was jealous of Mikey; he was decently popular, and he had so many friends. When I thought about it, I didn't really have a true friend, just people that tolerated me. I wasn't unpopular or bullied, so I could have it so much worse, but still...

Eventually, my brother walked off with Ray, leaving the new kid alone to struggle with his locker. I quickly finished getting my things so he wouldn't notice me watching him. Just when I was prepared to head to class, I felt a small tap on my shoulder.

"Um hey? Can you help me...I don't really know where my first class is?" I turned around only to see the short new kid holding up his class schedule, but I was much more interested in observing his face.

I hadn't noticed from across the hallway, but this boy was decently attractive up close...scratch that - he was gorgeous. His hazel eyes sucked me in like a whirlpool - as cheesy as that sounds. They sparkled with innocence and joy, while mine seemed so dull and lifeless lately. His hair flopped across his forehead carelessly, and I had to fight back the urge to touch it to see if it was as soft as it looked.

"Hey...anybody home?" I snapped out of my thoughts only to realize that I had been staring for god knows how long without saying a word. Great first impression Gerard...

"Yeah - um, sorry, let me see your schedule." I felt myself blushing...what the hell - I never blush; I make others do it all the time, but this is not a regular occurrence for me. He giggled again, that sound that had drawn my attention to him in the first place seemed really fucking cute the second time. I was starting to get seriously uncomfortable with the way this boy was making me feel, I am usually so in control of myself, but around him, I was becoming unsettled and awkward.

"Your first class is chemistry, which just so happens to be mine too, so you can just walk with me if you want?" I finally managed to appear normal in front of the new kid, which according to his schedule was named Frank Iero. Kind of an odd name - you don't hear that much these days, but I am not one to talk; besides for Gerard Butler, I had never even heard of anyone else with my name.

"Thanks - that would be great." He fell into step behind me as I headed toward the appropriate door, trying to decide how I wanted this conversation to go.

I was attracted to Frank, there was no denying it, but he seemed different, and I couldn't place it. My usually flirty self wasn't kicking in, and I felt like that kid I was back when I first started seeing Bert. I quickly decided that I hated this feeling, and I blamed Frank for making me so uncomfortable.

"So what's your name?" he asked causally, and I realized I had been uncharacteristically silent again.

"Gerard."

"I'm Frank, nice to meet you." He smiled widely, and my lip twitched in response.

"I know your name - I saw your schedule. So you're new?" I stated it like a question even though it was glaringly obvious.

"Yep - I just moved here from Texas. Today is my first day."

"Texas? Please don't tell me you owned cattle or something," I teased slightly.

"Nah, not everyone in Texas is a farmer obviously." He gestured to his slightly punkish outfit, which consisted of skinny jeans and a plain white t-shirt with a black jacket. He definitely wasn't a hick, I would give him that.

"Well here we are," I sighed out. I wasn't quite ready for our moment alone to end, not while I was still trying to figure this kid out.

"Thanks again for helping me, I guess I'll see you around." With that, Frank entered the classroom and I resigned myself to an hour of trying to learn chemistry while being distracted by the enigma that was Frank Iero.

The day passed quicker than usual, and I had plenty of opportunities to observe Frank, since he was in many of my classes. He was so sweet to everyone, it almost seemed fake, but no one could pretend to be that perfect all the time.

For some reason, it sort of pissed me off; here was this brand new kid who had just moved here, and he had already charmed every teacher he encountered, not to mention made more friends than I had - all in the span of a few hours. His adorable smile was just infectious, and I wanted to scream at how flawless he appeared.

By the end of the day I had decided that I had to have him. He had burrowed under my skin, and I wanted to do the same to him. I wouldn't rest until I had that innocent boy pinned underneath me screaming my name.