Chapter 33: Ogimachi Village

Start from the beginning

"Go follow him Haruna-chan."

Haruna nodded making her way to the forest. A worried look is clearly visible on her face.

'That idiot!'
Haruna thought running after him.

As Kano looked around the forest, he saw nothing but trees and grasses. But despite that, he can't let his guard down. While looking around he felt an in coming attack from behind. He jumped back to see the attacker. He saw a demon carrying a child with his left arm.

"Put her down!" Kano unsheathed his sword pointing it at the demon.

"Don't tell me what to do kid!"

After his words, he felt a stab on his left shoulder. Kano grabbed the child's collar and pulled her away from the demon. She's unconscious probably because of fear.

"GIVE HER BACK! SHE'S MY FOOD!!!" The demon shouted charging at Kano.

He felt several slashes around his body from behind. Haruna landed in front of Kano.

"Thanks." Kano said smiling at Haruna.

"You idiot!" Haruna gave him a smack on the head.

"I know but see...." Kano looked at the child on his arms before looking at Haruna.
".... if I didn't come here, she's probably dead."

"You're right. Let's go."

The two left abandoning the demon behind them. Just as they started to leave, they heard footsteps from behind them. The two snapped their heads behind them but saw no one.

"Let's hurry!" Kano said as him and Haruna quickly left the forest.

Kazumi saw Kano and Haruna running towards her, she saw the child Kano held on his arms. When the two finally reached her, the girl slowly gained her consciousness.

"W-Where am I?" She asked as she felt her self being held by someone.

"Please don't worry we're good people. Tell us where you live and we'll take you back to your home." Kazumi answered gently patting the child's head.

The girl managed to tell them the direction of her home despite stuttering at her own words. They soon saw her parents looking for her as they make their way to her home.

"Thank you! Thank you very much!" Her father said while bowing.

The mother hugged her daughter while crying. The three helped the father get up and told him not to bow down. They soon went home while the three continued on their mission. Until they heard a loud explosion and screams.

"Hurry and take the wounded." Kazumi said to the two beside her.

Kano and Haruna helped the injured and the wounded to get away from the debris. Kazumi carried the unconscious ones and put them at a safe spot. A lot of people were wounded and bleeding luckily, none of them died.

"That's a quick response, I applaud you." A voice from behind said.

Kano and Haruna already got their swords pointed at the source of the voice. Kazumi stood up and turned around to face the man who just talked. He's smirking widely and his hands placed on his waist. Kano and Haruna are already gritting their teeth as they charge at him.

He has a dark-purple hair and a beard, he's a masculine one, and his yellow cat-like eyes have the kanji for 'two' on one of them, he has black veins decorating his pale skin and a dark cyan colored karate gi.

"Insect Breathing—"

They were cut from finishing their words as they got kicked away by him. Kano hit a wall while Haruna rolled away on the ground, the both of them spit out some blood. Even Haruna's face got scratched from rolling on the ground.

"Lower Two.... I see." Kazumi said charging at him.

He dodged her slashing attack, as he was about to send her a kick, he got his face kicked instead that made him step back. When he was about to attack again he felt something behind him.

"Insect Breathing, Dance of the Bee Sting: True Flutter!"

Kano and Haruna thrusted their swords on his back injecting him with poison. He puked out some blood before jumping away from them and landing on a roof.

"Your kick is really weak! Even Ringo-san's kick is much more stronger!" Kano exclaimed pointing his sword to the demon.

"Playing dirty is all you're good at demon!" Haruna added sheathing her sword.

"DAMMIT! SHUT UP! I'LL KILL YOU THREE!!!" He shouted at them.

He suddenly felt his body froze from his spot as he felt the cold blade behind him, he soon felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Really? Then why are you shaking now?" A calm voice asked him from behind.

He slowly looked down to see his own hands shaking, he really is and it's getting worst. He sweated coldly and gulped down. He slowly truned around just to see the slayer who tried to slash him a while ago already standing behind him and her sword beside his neck.

'How? I didn't even notice him.'
The demon questioned his self.

He soon puked out more blood and fell from the roof. He struggled on standing up from the ground. His wounds healed but he's puking blood. As Kano and Haruna got closer, he saw their swords.

'They didn't even decapitate me, so why? Why the hell am I spitting blood now?!'
He thought glaring angrily at them.

He tried to charge at them again but the both of them dodged his fist and stabbed his neck. He soon fell on the ground twitching until he stopped moving.

"Are the both of you alright?" Kazumi asked who just landed down the ground from the rooftop.

"This is nothing nii-sama!" Kano answered with his usual confident voice.

"Yes we are!" Haruna answered lifting up her fist with a proud smile.

The three of them helped all of the injured ones from the explosion the demon made. But despite this, Kazumi sensed someone watching them from a distance. She didn't mind it and just continued to aid the injured people. It took them until sunrise to finally finish the work completely.

"Ugh! Now I really need a lot of food." Haruna exclaimed while walking with her head down.

"Me too. Fighting then helping afterwards was exhausting." Kano added looking down too.

"Don't worry, to our next destination I'll let you two eat at your fullest!" Kazumi said cheering them up.

Just hearing that she'll let them eat to their fullest made their eyes lit up and grabbed her arms.

"Then we should hurry!"

"Yes, to the next village!"

Kano and Haruna said as they ran faster dragging Kazumi with them. She just smiled at their action and played along. They were laughing and chatting on their way.

'I hope this could last even longer, to see the both of them smiling and laughing in front of me.'
Kazumi thought as she watch them drag her to their next destination.
'It's really wonderful.'