IWYAA Part 1

Hi readers, here is another short story i wrote on Arnav and Khushi ... so let me know how you find it, do comment and share your thoughts. :)

A/N: Characters' thoughts in ITALIC ...

Her steps faltered as she tried to move faster along the corridors of the hospital. Her heart was thudding and sweat forming on forehead. She will be meeting them after almost 2 years. There was more anxiousness than anticipation ... especially for that one particular person.

She took turn and came to the required room. She stopped seeing the family sitting on seats in front of the room. She took slow steps towards them.

"Di ...", she said calming her heart ... her voice nervous.

Anjali looked up and got astonish to see her standing here ... She finally came.

"Khushi ...", Anjali said her name in a soft voice as she took steps towards her and reluctantly cup her cheek.

Silent tears run down from both their eyes. Khushi hug her and try to stifle her sob. Anjali runs her hand lovingly on her head ... after few seconds they break the hug.

"Di ... how..w.. is she?", asked Khushi trying to make her voice calm.

Anjali just shakes her head as more tears fall down. Nani, who was sitting on the seat stood up and came to them ... Khushi immediately bend down and touch her feet ... Nani bless her with a sad smile.

"Go in Bitya ... she is waiting for you", said Nani and Khushi nods her head. She give a look around but didn't see the person whom her heart was anxious to see. Khushi took a deep breath and enter the room.

He was there ...

Khushi halted seeing him ... who also stood up from the bed seeing her ... his eyes intense and boring into her. There was shock, astonishment ... and then there was pain and at the end ... Hate.

Khushi gulp seeing him ... she had practiced many things to say when she will meet him ... but now nothing was coming in her mind.

Arnav turn back hearing the sound of door. What he saw ... made him shocked.

It has been almost 2 years since he had last seen her ... last talk with her ... last shouted on her ... last fought with her ... 2 years.

And now she stood there in front of him, just like that ... it felt that it was just yesterday ... those memories came rushing back ... those beautiful days ... laughters ... companionship ... And then ... hurt ... pain ... betrayal and ... Loneliness.

He turn back ... fisting his hand ... controlling himself ... not to say something harsh ... not now ... not here ... not in front of her at least.

His wife.

His wife who was laying on the hospital bed , his wife who was counting her last days ... or more ... last minutes.

"Khu ...shii", came a weak voice.

Khushi avert her eyes from him and look at the person laying on bed looking feeble and pale.

"Lavanya ...", said Khushi softly, bringing a smile on her face as she sit on the stool beside the bed.

She was sitting on the right side of the bed where as Arnav was sitting on the left side.

Lavanya smiles and grab Khushi's hand. "You ... you came ... thanks...".

Khushi smile at her and saw Arnav turning his head away.

"I have to dear ... how are you?", said Khushi as she stroke Lavanya's hair with another hand.