Childs Play - Chapter Ten

"It's like I don't exist anymore." Oscar sighed, throwing the basketball toward Christian. He stepped toward the sidewalk as a car passed. "Like she just kinda forgot about what we had going on."

"Y'all had something going on?" Christian dribbled the ball, shooting it toward the hoop.

"Well." Oscar inhaled a breath, setting his hands on his bare hips. "No. But there was something there, fool."

"Maybe it was just you." Christian shrugged, tossing the ball back to Oscar. "Hynas are weird, they say we don't have feelings but they some cold hearted ass people."

"Mind if I join y'all?"

Oscars eyesbrows furrowed as he heard the familiar voice from behind him, he turned slowly, eyeing Matias up and down. "We were just finishing up, homie." He tossed him the ball, "knock yourself out though." Matías stood with the ball in his hands, confused. "Oh and one more thing." Oscar said as he began to walk away, "open door rule in the house, no closed doors, ever." He shot him a warning look before nudging Sad Eyes toward the house.

Christian gave Matias an apologetic glance, shrugging. "He's mean, I know. Drag the court into the yard when you're done, homie."

Matias nodded, watching as they walked away.

Oscar grabbed his shirt from a lawn chair, wiping the sweat from his forehead before tossing the shirt over his shoulder. As he entered the house, he noticed Fatima laying on the couch, her feet in the air and her phone in her hand. He looked at her butt, naturally. Then he muffled a "there's men in this house."

She pulled her shorts down over her ass, before hopping up. "Oscar can I talk to you?" She then glanced quickly at Christian, licking her lips nervously. "Alone?"

Without saying anything, Oscar motioned his hand for her to follow him, and he walked straight into his room. He let her pass, then shut the door behind them.

He sat on the corner of his bed, clearing his throat as he looked up at her. "Speak."

"I just wanted to apologize." She held her hands out in front of her, as if trying to pry an explanation out of herself, but failed.

"About?"

"I..." she huffed, her chest falling with the movement, she looked up, tapping into her imagination to think of a lie. Oscar noticed, he had a thing with reading people.

He cleared his throat, removing the shirt from his shoulder and tossed it toward the closet door on the other side of his room. "Look at me when you're speaking to me."

She finally looked at him, taking a step forward. "I didn't know." Was all she said.

He nodded once, pursing his lips together as he leaned back. "Okay." He continued to nod, "know what, exactly?"

"That Matias was coming." She said, honestly. "I had no idea, I promise."

He made a face, his eyebrows pulling together as the tails went up in confusion. "What does that have to do with me? If it's him staying here, I'm doing it for Happy cause he's like a father to me."

She pressed her two index fingers together, thinking as she rose on the tip of her toes. He found that adorable, the way she thought and the gestures she made. He made himself look away before he gave in to the mushy shit he was thinking about. "So we're just gonna pretend it didn't happen?"

He tilted his head, further portraying he had no idea what she was going on about. "Pretend what didn't happen?"

She squinted her eyes, studying him as she tried to determine whether or not he actually forgot. He kept his blank face, so she gave up after a few seconds of them just staring at each other.

"Never mind." She shook her head, kind of sad that he didn't even remember they hooked up.

He stood, taking a step toward her. He over towered her, setting his hands on either side of her shoulders. "It was a body." He said, "nothing else, Fatima. I'm not worried about your boyfriend, or whatever you're thinking up here." He set a finger to her temple, then let his hand fall back to his side. "We're good, trust me."

Her mouth agape at his words, and suddenly she felt used. But how could she feel used, when she basically forced herself onto him. Then she realized, he was lying. So she cleared her throat, nodding as she began to play along. "Right." She continued, "it didn't mean anything."

He now gave her a credulous look, testing her patience. "One time thing, never again." She glared at him, and he gave her a petty smirk.

After a few seconds, he took his bottom lip between his teeth, snickering quietly as he looked away. She stepped closer, feeling the heat from his previous activity radiating from his body. Oscar confusingly squinted, finally looking at her face.

"Tell me you don't want to kiss me right now." She spoke under her breath, setting her hand on his chest. "Tell me you don't feel anything when I'm this close to you, Oscar."

Without thought, in one quick movement, he had her pinned against the wall, his lips collided with hers as he wrapped his hand tightly around her neck.

She moaned eagerly, moving her shorts to the side when she felt how tense his basketball shorts were becoming. "Do it." She permitted, wrapping her legs around him tightly. He caught her with no struggle, holding her with one hand as the other reached to his shorts, grabbing himself from his shorts to enter her.

He pinned both of her hands behind her, panting heavily.

"Yo, Spooky!" A loud knock at his bedroom door caused Oscar to drop her to her feet, groaning in frustration.

"No mames." He tucked himself back into his shorts, letting Fatima compose herself before swinging the door open. "What?"

He seethed, "oh sorry, didn't mean to interrupt."

"Nah." Oscar shook his head, "we were just talking about the rent situation and uh..." he looked back at Fatima who sat on his bed, she waved, earning a peace sign from Christian. "Other shit like that." He continued, "what's up bro?"

"Oh." Christian nodded, "right. Um, Miklo was looking for Fatima, he said he was going out with Juni."

"Okay. I'll text him." Fatima said, "thank you, Ojitos."

Christian blushed, stepping away quietly, and down the hall. When Oscar shut the door, they looked at each other again, and Fatima eagerly stood, walking across the room and locked the door.