Less Then Perfect Chapter 2

Less Then Perfect

Chapter Two

I find the human brain fascinating, figuring out why some people do what they do. Like my father for instance, it is hard to be biased when your the one who gets hurt. But there is a reason that my father chooses to hurt me, why my mother puts drugs and johns before her only daughter. Maybe that's why I love that psychology is a good way to end the school day, it kind of gives me hope, that someone like me, someone so broken, can be normal one day.

Glancing at the white board I write down the home work assignment. I should have paid more attention in class, but my head is all fuzzy, my head is always the worse. My dad usually avoids the head, he says it fucks up my judgment, makes me even more of a bitch. But he's escalating, getting careless, and I'm paying the price. Blinking, I realize that I'm sitting in an almost empty classroom, the bell must have rung while I was zoned out. Shaking my head I snap out of it, I can afford to be fuzzy, I have to be perfect for everyone around me. I can't have people asking questions. Not after all the effort I've put into hiding who I am.

"Brinley, can you come here for a moment?" Mr. Harvey, the teacher, asked. I gather my belongings, placing them into my bag. Strutting over to Mr. Harvey I stand in front of his desk with my hands in my back pockets.

"Yeah Mr. H?"

"Is everything alright Brinley? You seem out of touch today, you're usually more active in class."

"I'm always okay Mr. H." I say with a smirk, "I better head out, Max is waiting for me. See you tomorrow"

"Brinley" Mr. Harvey calls as I'm walking out the door, I turn around with my eyebrow raised. "If you ever need someone, I'm here."

"Thanks, but I wont" I say walking out of the room grinning. Spotting Max my grin widened, walking over I hug him from behind "hey babe" I say sliding under his arm to face him.

"Hey baby girl" Max says leaning down, I pull his head down and place a chaste kiss on his lips. Smirking I pull away, "I don't think so" Max pulled my head back to his and kissing me soundly. I softly moaned into his mouth, "no kissing in my hall ways you two" the principal called walking past us. "I love you baby, I could kiss you all day if I could, lets go home" Max whispers, slowly pulling away, grabbing my hand we walked down the hall. I walk with my head held high, smiling at all of the people staring. I love the attention, I want to be wanted by people. I need to be loved.

"After you m' lady" I giggle as Max opens my door and helps me inside his mustang. Getting into the drivers seat Max starts the engine and pulls out of the parking lot. Reaching over he holds my hand, glancing at me he smiles. "What?" I ask shyly, "you are so beautiful Brinley, I'm so lucky to have you to myself". Blushing, I placed my other hand on top of his, squeezing softly. Even after a year, he still has the power to make my heart flip. Leaning back against the head rest I gazed at him, smiling softly. "I love you Max" I whisper quietly. I close my eyes and drift off into a peaceful sleep. Holding on to my boyfriend.

"Babe wake up, we're here" I struggle to open my eyes, I'm so tired, I wasn't allowed to sleep much last night, dad was drunk, even more so then usual. I hear a sigh, then feel Max's arms slip underneath my legs and on my back. Picking me up, Max bumps the car door closed. I can feel the jostling as Max climbs the stairs to his front door, he uses his elbow to ring his door bell. The last thing I remember is the maid opening the front door and the feeling of silken sheets against my skin.