"哥, please?" She pleaded with me. I was in a complete mess, not knowing what she wanted me to take the rap of? Was it Xueqing? "You want me to take the rap of you killing Xueqing is it?" I desperately prayed that the answer would not be 'yes' but I knew then that there was no turning back for her, for me, for Xueqing ever.

----------------------------------------------

A week later:

I scattered Diyao's ashes in the sea, hoping that she would be in peace now. Although i was sad she was dead, I felt reassured that she would not commit any more wrong doings ever again. "Dishen, 我是不是做错了?" Xueqing asked softly. It was the umpteen time she had asked since the incident.

Xueqing POV:

I was reminded of how I broke free from the string, I took with me a glass bottle filled with paper stars in it and crept down quietly. "You want me to take the rap of you killing Xueqing is it?" Dishen asked Scarlet. I knew I had to do something and not let myself be an offertory for sacrifice. *plonk* I accidentally lost my footing and fell down the stairs, however the glass bottle didn't break but instead roll away from my reach.

"Xueqing?" Scarlet was suddenly overwhelmed, she was afraid of being hurt as if she Diyao again. "Diyao, come back please. I'm sorry for letting out Scarlet." I said as if talking to a child. All of sudden, things just spiraled out of control. Dishen had broken free from the string too and he had initially wanted to hold down Scarlet but she was one step ahead...

"Come closer and I'll kill Xueqing. I'm serious" she threatened Dishen. "Scarlet, once you do this, you won't have a second shot at life. Your inner demons, Diyao may just surface as and when. Do you want that kind of life?" "Stop with your preaching, I had enough of it. Why can't scarlet be accepted like Diyao too?" She asked as her tears flowed down. I knew the answer to the question, because Scarlet was evil and Diyao was kind, who would choose evil over kind? But even so, I dared not answer for fear of enraging her even more.

Scarlet let down her defenses and let go of me but...

Dishen POV:

When Xueqing was released from harm, she went berserk and reached out for the glass bottle. When Scarlet realized her fate, the two woman fought and no one could stop them. Until Xueqing launched her attack, the glass smashed to smithereens and Scarlet was defeated but Diyao and Scarlet was of one and so she died of a blow to her head. It was Xueqing's inner demon that surfaced, that tried to protect herself from being hurt again.

I was torn between the two, not knowing who to blame. But thinking back, Diyao was probably happy to be able to break free from the tormenting life. While Xueqing was still tormented by what she had done. "Dishen, 我是不是做错了?" I reassured her that she had did it out of defense and it wasn't her fault. But I doubt she even listened to my words as she was staring blankly towards the deep sea with her tears slowly flowing down...

----------------------------------------------
2 weeks later:
Outside Police station

"Dishen, 我决定去自首." She said in the telephone a night before. Right now, she was standing outside, bracing herself for the punishment awaiting her . After receiving her call, I felt that she had finally faced up to her inner demons, and decided that by being punished, she would be more at ease with herself. How funny that things wasn't supposed to be like this before, had we not met, had I not lied, had I said the truth years before, our lives wouldn't be like that. How our lives would have never be connected ever.

Losing my sister was a big deal but I know she would be in a happier place than this horrid cruel world. At least I still had Xueqing, we were now quits I guess, now that we were both loners in this world. "Dishen, 记得照顾好自己.我...我去自首了" She finally gathered up the courage to go in and confess.

She waved me goodbye as she walked to the police station. Watching her back slowly disappear, I was reminded of how I had previously threatened people to confess their crimes and i watched them walking into the police station. But today was different, I saw someone of immense courage walk in without being instigated, that was different a more braver sort of confessing.

"我等你!" I shouted to Xueqing

Xueqing POV:

"我等你"
I stopped short and my mind was filled with the many happy memories we had together. As I thought, the tears just flowed down. I turned back my head and nodded at him before continuing to walk. With each step, I felt myself being more confident that my choice was right. It was as if I was on the road to a New Life.

-----------------The End------------------

Hey hey hey! Finally completed this story. Hope y'all enjoyed my lame ideas and stuff. Because it's the end, so I'll be embedding a videos- Tay kewei's This too shall pass as I felt it fitted with the scenes in this last chapter //It took quite a long time to finish this whole thing up but I'm glad to be able to finally reach 1.01k readers! Thank you so much for the immense support and I hope y'all will support me in my other stories too!

Because the RuiVin fanfic needs more time so I will instead upload a Non-RuiEn story: The Plea of the Innocent. More details for both stories will be given on my Instagram: @/ruienxrangels . So here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!