Chapter 3: Mysteries

Xueqing's POV:
[ This is when she's about to walk away from Dishen's house ]
A smiling image of me at a rooftop, of me at the five-foot way.... Those images were blurred, and I could only see the mirror image of myself, or so the self I was supposed to be. The images came and go, and that made me dizzy and confused.
I sat down at the five-foot way and rested for a while. This place definitely left a deep impression on me for I had flashbacks of myself here. It was totally weird because for one, I did not live near here. And for two, I just couldn't have come all the way here just to see the shophouses right? I bet I was here to visit someone....but who could that be?
Having rested for a while I continued to walk but noted in my phone this particular place, there must be something about it, and I won't hesitate to find out...
Well, time to go back home since the sky looked dark, I'll search up on the mystery tomorrow, to find out why I had flashbacks there.....
Narrator:
Behind a wall, a man was watching her every moves. Taking pictures occasionally but mostly taking down notes. As Xueqing walked away, he stayed where he was and watched her back slowly become smaller and smaller...
Xueqing's POV:
*ring ring*
I hurried to see who had sent me a message, I was sure it was Dr Wong because no one else knew my new phone number. But when I looked at my phone, it showed that an unknown person had sent me a message.... It was definitely not an advertisement but...a message.... Who could it be from.
Well, here goes nothing.
The message read: "If you remember anything else, contact me" A wave of fear swept over my body, who was that unknown person, how did he/she know I had flashbacks?
Wait...it could be Dr Wong, maybe he changed his number? Maybe he used someone else's phone. There, it's solved. But....how could Dr Wong know that I had flashbacks when he wasn't even there? Perhaps he hired a spy?
I contacted Dr Wong at once and asked in a very casual manner: " Erm...did you send me a message to inform you if I remembered anything? " The reply I desperately wanted to hear was "yes" but it turned out to be a "no". The phone slipped from my hands and I shivered although it wasn't cold. There was something freaky about the message.....
"Xueqing? Xueqing?" I walked away in a daze, not even bothering to end the call. I tried my hardest to figure the mystery out, but the more I tried, the more it hurt....
Narrator:
The sky outside was getter darker and darker at every minute. The growling thunder echoed and urged the people to hurry to the shelter. Within a minute, the rain came and the pitter pattering of the rain grew louder as though calling out for help.
Dishen was staring intensely at his phone as though having a staring contest with it. He was sitting at a chair right beside his sister's bed but instead of focusing on her, he was more interested in his phone...
Dishen POV:
"哥,你为什么一直在叮着手机呢?" Diyao asked. I stroked her face and smiled, telling her that I was waiting for her to wake up before eating dinner. "哥,雪清她...她怎么样了?"
There was a long pause. I didn't know how to phrase my words, my sister was a little sentimental so I didn't want to hurt her. "她啊,失意了. 连自己都记不起来." I said with a forced smile.
"哦,那太可惜了..."Diyao said. At that moment, I was still, how could Diyao say that? What's a shame? Was it that...that she's Scarlet, only Scarlet would say that, not my precious sister. I looked at the girl facing me, with suspicion. It's Scarlet, I know it's her!
Diyao POV:
"哦,那太可惜了" Damn! Did I just say that out loud? I tried my best to hold back my emotions but I guess I was a little aggressive. I mean, she should have just died already, what's the point of living on?
But I knew I better say something to reverse the situation as my brother was already looking at me with suspicion. "我是说,如果她沒有失意的话,你们可以在一起吗!"
As i waited for an answer, I held my breath as I counted the seconds. My heart was beating rapidly, and it felt like my heart was going to burst out soon! "好啦,不说了,去吃饭了!"My brother exclaimed.
It was then that I heaved a sigh of relief, let's hope he didn't see through me. Guess I better be more wary of the words I say...

Hey there guys! Did u like that story so far? I hope you did! Oh and thank you for the 200+ reads, it really heartens me! Do leave your comments and like this story Kay! Oh and thank you so much for reading my story. I know I'm a bit lor soh but hehe I love writing stories. Do follow @/gs_rangel_2189 on Instagram for more updates!
~YN~