miya who?

"Are you still angry at me, Osamu?" Suiren asks, looking at his blank reaction. Now it's him who's impossible to read.

"I, I wasn't angry," he corrects her, forgetting to respond at her sudden I love you. His mind's going haywire from it, like his whole body short-circuiting.

"Chuunchun," he calls.

"Yes, 'Samu?"

"I love you too," he manages to blurt out, keeping a straight face on. Contrary to his serious expression, Suiren seems more at ease than ever, and the thought of her injuries flutters away from her mind, even if it's merely temporary.

"And you don't have to force yourself, Chuunchun," Osamu adds.

"But I'm n-"

"I'll wait for you until you're ready," he promises her. While the message is wholesome and pure, he does notice how it could sound lewd.

"Osamu."

"Yes?"

"Thank you," she says with a smile.

"You don't have to thank me," he tells her, "And I'm sorry I wasn't there."

However, before Suiren could let out a response, she begins to feel her foot aching, a harsh reminder about what happened earlier. In pain, her brows knit up and she struggles to reach her foot.

"Chuunchun, are- what's wrong? Should I call a nurse?" Osamu's panicking, clueless with what he's supposed to do.

"Samu, Samu," she repeats his name as she nods as a response.

"It hurts!" she cries out, her tears piling up once again.

"O-Okay! Hang on, Chuunchun!" he exclaims, then rushes out the door to grab the attention of a nurse.

"Miya Chuunchun!" he says immediately upon reaching the nurse station.

"Miya Chuunchun?" one of them mutters. That name doesn't ring a bell.

"Tsutsui Suiren, Room 408," he corrects himself then rushes back to her room, leading them.

A few inches away from the door, he hears her muffled cries, and as he slides it open, he sees her covering her mouth to lower down her noises.

"Osamu."

"The painkillers have just worn off. The doctor's doing her rounds so she'll be here soon enough," the female nurse comforts her.

One of the nurses return to the station, probably to get the said painkillers, while Osamu just stood beside the bed, filled with worry.

"Oh- Osamu, can I?" Suiren manages to blurt out, still vibisbly in pain.

"Yes? What is it, Chuunchun?" he asked.

"Your hand."

"Oh," he mouths. Complying with her request, he sits down on the chair beside the bed and he firmly holds her hands damped in cold sweat. Naturally, Suiren would have been too ashamed, but Osamu pays it no mind. He just wanted her to be alright.

"You'll be okay, okay?" he says in an attempt to make her feel better.

"You're not dying, right? Right?" Osamu exaggerates, causing her to smile amidst the hurting of her foot.

"I'm not, I think," she answers. Shortly after, the nurse from earlier comes back in the room and surprisingly, a doctor follows.

"Itaru-sensei," she easily recognizes him.

"Tsutsui-chan, good afternoon," he greets in a cold tone. He was probably expecting this.

"I went to the qualifiers," she admitted, caressing her leg with her free hand. It's still hurting.

"I know. I know. I can see that," he sighs.

"I'm sorry," her tone is apologetic, leaving Osamu confused.

"You, you shouldn't have ran?" he mumbles in a mix of surprise and dismay. He didn't know any of this.

"We'll need to run tests on you. And this time, Tsutsui, we need your parents' consent too.," he added.

"I'm sorry," she says again, "My mother is still working. She probably still hasn't read the messages."

"The painkillers I ordered for you are stronger and they'll work faster. But it's too early to say if these medication will be enough."

"What?" Osamu gasps. Meanwhile, as they speak, the nurse prepares the said painkillers.

"Surgery, then?" Suiren guesses, looking at the doctor.

"I'm afraid so. That is, if the tests show that you need the surgery."

"I'll be heading out now. I'll return tomorrow morning. You'll have to be admitted here for that, Tsuitsui."

"Doctor," she calls, just as he's about to leave.

"Yes, Tsutsui?"

"I can still run, right?"

He remains silent.

"Doctor, I can run, right?" she pleads for an answer, grasping Osamu's hand even tighter.

"I don't know."