Chapter 1: The Challenge

As was customary for him, Prince Alessandro was up and dressed in riding clothes by 6:00 am. He had just finished a typical Italian breakfast (prima colazione) of caffe' latte (hot milk with coffee) and his favorite bread, served warm with butter and jam by his personal butler.

It was his habit, rain or shine, summer or winter, to take a morning horseback ride. The pure enjoyment of exercising one of the spirited, purebred stallions from his stables always left him feeling exhilarated and energized. The freedom of a long ride into the countryside surrounding the castle provided the quiet and solitude he craved in the morning. He could be alone with his thoughts and ponder his schedule for the day.

There were always so many demands on him that this time each morning was very important to him. When he returned to the castle, he could focus on the next 12-14 hours of work. There were many duties to be carried out on behalf of his father, the Grand Duke. In addition, he met with his father's advisors every day to be properly schooled in what he needed to learn to oversee the inherited properties of his family's historic Grand Duchy of Florence.

However, on this morning in particular, his thoughts were consumed by something he had just learned from his father the night before. As they sat before the fireplace in one of the grand salons of the palace, enjoying an after-dinner coffee and brandy, Prince Alessandro was given some startling news.

********** 

 This is an Original Fiction story inspired by Turkish actor Can Yaman. All photos, videos and characters belong to their rightful owners.

Written exclusively for Can Yaman International Forum by Mary Bloyd, Resident Editor; @MonicaRita1943 on Wattpad.