16 . girlfriend

"Alice!" 

"Alice!" 

The girl jumped at the sound of her name being shouted as she left the downstairs loo of the Goodman house. She swore she had only been in there for a few minutes but the scene had completely changed from when she went in. 

"Yes, Martin?" 

"I was going to hug you but I'm covered in ketchup because of this bleeding idiot." He hit Jonny on the arm. The man was just in his underwear, covered in the red substance, it seemed crazy that Alice wouldn't expect the man to look much different at this point of knowing him. 

"Oh yes, please don't then." She laughed, smiling at the man. "Is this about your colouring book?" 

"I love it! My Ted Bundy was really good, looks just like him." 

She laughed happily as they all went into the kitchen. "You'll have to show me it!"

"Dad's made an effort." Jonny snickered. 

"Oh yes, his special pants." Jackie laughed. "Have you met her, Alice?" 

"Emma?" The girl asked, receiving a nod in reply. Her mind flew back to the week before when just after getting back from Cornwall she met Adam and his new girlfriend with a few of their other friends in the pub. "Yeah, she's nice. Really pretty and funny too. You'll all like her but I best stay the number one girlfriend." She joked obviously. 

"Of course, because I'm the best son." Jonny said, kissing her cheek. 

"You're more than just Jonnyboo's girlfriend love." Jackie tapped the girls leg. "I like you more than both of the boys anyway."

"Thanks mum." Jonny scoffed. 

They all got distracted as Martin began to spoon ketchup off his chest and back into the small condiments bowl, everybody grimaced. Jackie took the bowl off him. "Nobody want's to catch a disease tonight! Be normal for Adam's girlfriend, and be nice wont you jonnyboo." 

"No." 

Alice elbowed her boyfriend as Adam's voice sounded through the house and Jackie began to panic. Jackie eyed Martin's appearance before shaking her head, apologising as she pushed her husband outside the side door and locked it after him. They all piled smiles on their faces as they went into the hall. Emma and Jackie greeted each other happily, with the girl passing over flowers. 

"This is my brother Jonny."

"Alright pussface." 

"Alright pissface." Emma quipped back making everybody grin widely. 

"Hi Emma!" Alice went over and hugged the other girl with a smile. "Lovely to see you again." 

"Somehow, pissface has managed to get Alice to date him but none of us quite know how yet." Adam said with a smirk, squeezing Alice's arm as he walked past her.