Chapter One: Name?

A/N: HI THIS IS CHAPTER ONE YAY

After the Second Wizarding War, when Voldemort was killed, Harry and Ginny got married and had three children.  James Sirius, Albus Severus, and Lily Luna Potter.  Lily had just started her first year at Hogwarts, Albus his 3rd, James 4th.  With all 3 children at Hogwarts and wanting to retire from their current jobs(Harry Auror, Ginny chaser for the Holyhead Harpies), Harry got the idea to transform Grimmauld Place into a home for young witches and wizards like him, who grew up in abusive households.

When holidays came, whether it Christmas, Easter or summer, all young witches and wizards, good or bad homes, would be welcome, it would be a safe place.  Of course, Number 12 Grimmauld Place needed a complete makeover.

Everything was dusty, some wood rotten, and overall very depressing, not what abused or unwanted kids want to call home.  Also there weren’t many rooms.  So Harry decided to use Undetectable Extension Charms on all the bedrooms, making them much larger on the inside than they looked on the outside.  Ginny took care of dusting and repairing the things as he did this.  After those jobs were taken care of, it was time to clear out old things.  There were 4 bedrooms, four bathrooms, the drawing room, living room, foyer, kitchen and den to empty.

Harry took the living room, kitchen, foyer, drawing room, and two of the bathrooms.  Ginny took the remaining bathrooms, all 4 bedrooms, and the halls.  Anything not “happy”, was out of date, or offensive was taken out.  Some things were harder than others, however.

Take the screaming portrait of Sirius’ mother for example.  It took Harry and Ginny together an hour to remove it, using countless spells to do so.  Eventually everything was clean and ready to be, in Ginny’s words, ”beautified”!

Since there were 4 bedrooms, two would be for girls, two for boys.  Ravenclaws and Slytherins, and Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors, as these were the “house alliances”.  Same for the bathrooms, two for girls, two for boys, Ravenclaws & Slytherins, Hufflepuffs & Gryffindors.

Now time for a new name.

“Well...Since it’ll be a safe place for mistreated students, a home,” Ginny stated, mumbling a bit, seeming to be thinking out loud.

Harry’s head shot up from its former position of resting on his palm, his elbow pressed into the arm of the chair.

“Well...What about ‘Home Sweet Home’?  I mean that sounds like a place I would wanna go if I was still with the Dursleys.”

“Harry that’s brilliant!  Oh I love it!”  She dropped her voice from almost yelling to a whisper, even though they were alone.  “But more importantly I love you”

“I love you too, Ginny,”  Harry muttered in response before kissing her lightly.

“Okay Mr. Potter, this has been fun BUT if we don’t get to work on this drab place soon, it shan’t be done till NEXT Christmas and I, personally, would like it ready this Christmas, for children.  So off your arse!”  At this point Ginny seemed to be a little girl at Hogwarts again, giggling and jumping hysterically.

“Do you feel alright?”  Harry asked his wife this question with a very straight, truly concerned tone.

“Perfect, MORE than perfect!”

A/N: Hope you enjoyed!!!