𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

Start from the beginning

"Kellie, you look beautiful." I smile at her. She places her hand on my shoulder, turning me to face her.

"Kennie, we look beautiful." She responds, pulling me in for a hug, then kisses my temple.

"Oh," She says as we pull away, her hands on my shoulders, "I forgot to tell you."

She bit her bottom lip, a trait of Kelsey I've memorized as her being nervous. I raise a brow at her, my arms folding across my chest, waiting for her to continue her statement.

"I kinda invited Niall," She starts, and my eyes widen at her, as I was about to speak, she cuts me off, "and Harry."

"Kelsey!" I scold, my eyes probably as wide as saucers as I stare back at her, my arms dropping in defeat as she looks at me apologetically.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I don't know how you and Niall ended things, so I thought you guys could settle that tonight, and I also invited Harry because he's in LA and you're supposed to be a couple, even if Camille makes an appearance." She tries to whisper the last part, but I heard her, loud and clear.

"Excuse me, WHAT?" I tried to keep myself calm, but Kelsey dropping that bomb just made my breathing constrict, the air suddenly not reaching my lungs while I gripped onto her arm.

"Kenna?" Kelsey asks worriedly when I dropped to my knees, my eyesight suddenly blurring and my ears filled with this annoying ring that won't stop even when I placed my hands to cover them.

"Kenna, what's going on?" I could hear Kelsey's voice in a distance, even if she was right next to me, her arm on my shoulder gave me the assurance that she wasn't leaving my side, but my mind started to think otherwise.

Niall, Harry and I in one room, how the fuck is that supposed to go. When I feel the air coming back into my lungs, the thoughts of Harry and Camille in my own house start to fill my thoughts, and it was in a snap of a finger, the air suddenly stopped.

Kelsey's hand left my shoulder, and at that point I was desperate, I held onto her hand, hoping she doesn't leave my side.

"Kenna, I'm just going to get your dad okay?" Kelsey says, and I don't know if I nodded or not, I just sat there, bringing my knees to my chest as I tried to regain my breathing.

I could feel the tears pouring from my eyes, ruining the make up Kelsey had done.

Harry is going to be in my house tonight, with Camille, for NYE, I'm going to see them kiss at midnight while I down a bottle of Vodka. My will to numb all my feelings take over as I watch them giggle and smile at each other, the bitter feeling in my chest returning. This is why you don't fall in love, they will have complete power over you, and without knowing, they've already crushed your heart and you're left broken, the pieces only to be mended by you, and you alone.

"McKenna?!" I hear my dad shout, his voice same as Kelsey's distant, but I could feel his presence right next to me.

"Mack, I need you to breathe for me, please." He speaks, his hand rubbing circles on my back, trying to get me to regain my breathing, but I couldn't. I probably looked like a fucking nutcase, but this is the reality of my life, the constant anxiety that comes with being a "celebrity".

"Ken," a different voice spoke, and my eyes shut at the familiarity, but I couldn't figure out who it was, "Ken, please breathe for me."

His hand placed itself on my shoulder, and I flinched, the unfamiliar touch making me shake even more, my breathing rigid, and my tears falling continuously, as I move closer to my father, who wraps his arms around me.