Chapter 1; A boyfriend

My life is not one you can wish for. I have tons of insecurities that makes me scared of staring at my reflection for long but I never admit how vulnerable I sometimes feel. That's what makes me strong, or at least look strong.

I swirled my cup to shake up the drink inside, I won't see my reflection if the little waves are there.

"Is there something in your drink?".

I jerked away from my drink looking over my shoulder to find David, one of the well known guys in high school. Captain of the basketball team, that is until his position got snatched away just a year ago. His brown eyes,spiky hair and dimple on the left side of his cheek made my inside twist. He was gorgeous.

"Can I sit?",he asked making the pink on my cheeks spread down to my neck. He just caught me staring. Like a creep.

"yeah... sure... you can sit anywhere you want... I mean here if....", I trailed off looking away as he sat beside me.

Way to go girl.

"I'm David",he said with a smile that must have swept my brain off my head cause the next thing that came out of my stupid mouth was," I know, I know everything about you".

kill me now

"What?".

"....uhm.. I.I know everything about... you being David... cause I... you're the captain...was the captain of the basketball team....

He laughed. He laughed at me. I had to shove my drink into my mouth as my face got darker. I've always imagined this day, the day that he would finally talk to me. Yet there I was blurting out stuffs that should have remained in my mouth. My crush would think I'm insane.

"Ella, right?"

He knows my name. OMG,he knows my name.

"Rosella actually but my friends call me Ella, so you can call me Ella... if you like cause... you know, I think you are a friend..."

Pathetic!

He smiled making my knees weak. Good thing I was sitted on an island stool else I'd be falling on his feet.

Ha! Like I haven't fallen for him already.

"You seem to be close to Wendy and the other girls", he said looking at the dance floor. We were at a party and my crazy friends were really having fun, unlike me who have to stay sober and take them home.

"Yeah", I agreed,"they're my best friends".

"Great",he said bringing my attention back to him. I should have known what he wanted the moment he walked up to me. Afterall he was David and I was Ella.

"Can I get her number from you?",he asked, his charming smile still in place.

He was here because I was his last resort. Wendy must have refused to give him her number,he wasn't the first. He must have thought that it would be easier getting it from me maybe cause he knew I've always had a crush on him since middle school.

The thought of him knowing about my crush on him made my face burn in embarrassment. It made my anger boil. Quickly I pushed my self away from the counter where my unfinished drink sat. He stared at me confused but I was furious glaring at him and wishing that the thought of him liking another didn't hurt me.

"Ask her for it yourself", I growled curling my hands into fists,"and don't call me Ella, it's Rosella to you".

I walked away from him,got to my friends, dragged them into Wendy's car and drove home. No one might understand me and my ways but I was tired of seeing my friends gush about tons and tons of guys when I couldn't attract even one guy.

It was always about Wendy or Lucy or Claire, but never me. I just needed a boyfriend, was that too much to ask?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

26/5/2022