He wanted to grunt and swear aloud, yet a suddenly loud snore coming from Renjun's bed forced him to his senses. Because they hadn't properly cleaned up the living room yet, Donghyuck couldn't really sleep there. That's why he had decided to sleep in his friend's room rather than his own. Especially because of what happened that evening.

Biting his lip in order to make as little sound as possible, Donghyuck slowly pushed himself upwards in to get up and go get a painkiller from Kun's infirmary. Yet as soon as he got to his feet, he stumbled forward, barely getting his balance back. The whole room was spinning, or rocking from left to right really hard like a boat cabin in the midst of a thunder storm.

The boy took a deep breath, shutting his eyes tightly again before opening them and everything had gone back to normal, except the disturbing nausea still lingering in the pit of his stomach.

'I just need some water... yeah.'
He convinced himself, walking on the cold wooden planks towards the door and carefully opening it before slipping out.

The house was quiet, as usual, but after the attack, it felt more savage and foreign. More exposed. Donghyuck had overheard Taeyong and some of the elders talking about the damages, someone even suggesting a move, but they just stuck to staying in the house and fixing up the damages. Afterall, the Phantoms weren't such a big threat and would probably back off after how humiliatingly quick they had gone down during the fight, and also, there were too many secret passageways and rooms to hide everything mafia-related in to risk losing that comfort when moving. They didn't want to kill another set of innocent workers for knowing, did they?

Donghyuck dragged his feet down past the living room, where the air howled beyond the cracked and broken glass of the big windows, and without much of a care, went straight into the kitchen. He couldn't see much, therefore turning on the light, breath hitching as he noticed the small figure with her back to him.

Soomin quickly turned around, the choco-pie in her hand already bitten in as she stopped chewing with a surprised expression on her face. But as soon as she threw one look at him, her muscles all relaxed.

"Oh, it's you. What are you doing awake?" She asked before swallowing the bite of the sweet she had in her mouth.

"Water." Donghyuck muttered simply, feeling to sick and tired to answer fully.

Soomin watched him as he walked over towards one of the counters, legs extremely wobbly and unstable. As he reached up to open the cupboard with the cups, his hands were trembling slightly and he almost dropped the glass after grabbing it. He then filled it with water before raising it up to his lips and taking a small, but painful and dry sip.

"Are you okay? You seem pale." Soomin asked worriedly, eyes continuing to follow him as he put the cup back down onto the counter.

"I'm fine."
"No you're not! You're literally shaking!"

"It's nothing." Donghyuck continued denying it, wiping his wet lips on his wrist.

"You're feeling cold, aren't you? You probably have a fever! And why haven't you treated that damn cut on your cheek yet?" Soomin continued scolding him as she pushed herself off the counter and walked towards him.

"I'm fine." Donghyuck muttered slightly louder, but was too tired to get mad at the girl.

She raised a hand to try to check his temperature, but he grabbed her wrist.

"I said I'm-"

Soomin snaked her hand out of his grip and smacked it away.

"No you're not." She spoke strictly then proceeded to place the back of her palm against his forehead, immediately feeling the heat that it radiated.

Soomin began ranting about how she had been right and he needed to get treated, but Donghyuck couldn't hear her. Her words had become muffled and were overshadowed by the long, beeping noise infiltrating his head like some sort of parasite. The dizziness returned stronger than ever as the bright kitchen began spinning right in front of his eyes, causing him to begin losing his balance.

And before he could hold onto something, Donghyuck blacked out.

Ayee so I decided to post as much as I can since I feel like I'm getting a boost rn

P.s. it's 11pm and I should be asleep but oh well