"oh my god you do? tellmetellmetellme!!! who is it? who is it, huh?"

"n-no! i'll tell you later ok?"

i blushed as i whispered in his ear. maybe a little sooner than i thought, but i was going to tell him! b-but what if it goes bad-? what if he doesn't wanna be friends anymore-? no, ouma isn't like that. he wouldn't just straight up abandon me like that, right..?

"also, i thought you and iruma- san weren't friends? what's up with that?"

"oh! she talks to me sometimes when she needs help with english homework. she may be a genius inventor, but she can't pronounce the english vocabulary for shit, nishi!~"

"ohh, that's why iruma- san suddenly improved suddenly! you must be a really good teacher, kichi- san!"

his eyes widened and a deep blush appeared onto his face. he quickly covered his mouth and looked down at his shoes. his pupils dilated and he slowly looked back up at me and uncovered his mouth.

"th-thank you s-saihara.."

"pfft, i'm shumai now! did you already forget?"

i say that as i poke his cheek. i understand that i might be flirting with him, but it's so cute getting him to get all blushy like this.

"e-excuse me sh-shumai-"

he quickly stutters as he quickly jumps off the bleachers.

"k-kichi-san-!"

i call out for him, reaching my hand out, but he still runs away.

kokichi pov.

i quickly run towards the men's restroom, a huge blush on my face. i mumble under my breath,

"s-stupid shumai..! m-making me embarrass m-myself in front of everyone.."

i finally get to the restroom and quickly run to the sink. i look into the mirror and get a close look at what i look like. a stupid blushy mess with his pupils dilated bigger than he could imagine. i splash my face with cold water and wipe it with a paper towel. i quickly peer under the stalls to make sure no one was in the bathroom with me. it'd be embarrassing for an upperclassman to hear me gush about some boy i like.

i sigh as i lean my head up against the wall. i put my head in my hair as i say,

"what am i going to to about this..? he's planning on asking someone to the dance already, so i've basically got no chance."

i think to myself; someone as pretty and amazing as him probably wouldn't want to go with some nobody like me anyway. but, although that might be the truth, whenever i have fantasies in the deepest hours of the night, all i can imagine is him with me, giving my cheeks quick little kisses and me being able to to nuzzle my face into his chest as we lay together. at least i can enjoy those by myself.

as i check the mirror again, i realize my strong blush has now settled to a slight dust of red across my cheeks.

"i-i should go back to him and apologize, it was rude of me to just run off like that."

shuichi pov.

"i-i-it's fine. he'll be back, " i think to myself.

"he probably just had to wash his face! it was really red, after all.." i mumble.

kokichi ran his way back to the bleachers and sat back down next to me.

"i'm so sorry shumai! i just got really embarrassed and i couldn't take it..."

"i-it's ok, i shouldn't have done that to you in public. my fault, 'kay?"

"s-so, about who i was going to ask, i think it would be better if we went somewhere private when i told you. i... wouldn't want them hearing..?" i say as i scratch my neck.

"oh.. o-ok, sure. sigh why don't you just tell me right now? it's boring having to wait, isn't it?"

my face grows slightly red as i muster out,

"b-because it's embarrassing! i've liked them for a long time. since first year, actually.."

"really? wow, this must be some hardcore crush! whoever it is though is really lucky. you're... a really good person shumai." he flushed.

my face flushed and my mouth turned into a wide crooked smile. me hearing him say those words about me? it felt so amazing coming from him.

ring
ring

lunch ended with the ringing of a loud bell.

"i'll tell you after school, near the front, in front of the tree we always meet at. got it?"

"m-mhm! see you after school shumai..!"

me and kokichi slowly walked back to our classes, me aching in anxiety for the last bell to ring. i had always been excited to walk home with him, sure. but today was different. i'd actually tell him how i felt and i'd ask him out. oh god i'm so nervous oh god- no. it's ok! even if he doesn't like me back, we can still be friends! i'll tell him nothing has to change and everything will be the same. he'll just... have the knowledge that i liked him so much and i constantly thought about him and he smelled so nice all the time and-

stop saihara. get to class.