Nyx looks over, his head tilting. "Oh, you seem like the bubbly scientist person. I know you, right?"

"Yeah..." Ella trails off, confused. "Don't you remember? I'm Ella."

"Oh, I do know you!" Nyx says, clapping his hands together. "Yes, I like your positive attitude and cheery personality."

Chloe comes up behind Ella, "He lost his memories, but as you can see, not his emotions or his personality. Where's La'rayel?"

"She's exploring," Nyx replies, "And Luci left me alone so I came to find the other two people I care about, Ella and Dan."

"La'rayel?" Ella asks, on guard. "She's back too?"

"Oh, she's nice," Nyx says. "She has memories but not emotions. Where's this Dan person, I want to see him."

"I'll go find him," Chloe says with a smile.

Ella turns back to Nyx, "What happened to your hair?"

"He came back with it short," 'Lucifer' says, now standing next to the draxon. "We just have to wait until it grows out again."

Chloe, having overheard, frowns. Nyx's hair was long the previous night, so that was a lie and Lucifer never lies. She makes a mental note to talk to him about it as she spots Dan. Quickly explaining everything to him, the two walk back to where Nyx, Ella and 'Lucifer' are.

"Nyx," Dan says with a smile. Seeing the draxon's confused look, the man adds, "I'm Dan."

Nyx's eyes brighten. "You're my partner!"

"I am," Dan says with a nod. "How have you been? Staying out of trouble this time?"

"Um..."

"Nyxeus, what did you do now?"

"Well, I forgot how to use my mind powers, so I practiced on dead bodies."

Dan sighs, "How many?"

"Uh, four? You won't find them and Luci said it was okay."

'Lucifer' scoffs, "I didn't mean literally go kill someone."

Nyx's head tilts in unsure confusion, "You said 'hell, go murder someone for all I care, just get out.'"

Chloe's brows furrow. Get out? Why would Lucifer tell Nyx to get out? As far as she's seen, the two don't have any secrets between them and they're completely comfortable with each other. It doesn't make sense to her. And he lied about Nyx's hair...

What's going on?

"Alright, there's something wrong between Lucifer and Nyx," Chloe says.

She, Dan and Ella are in the forensics lab, the blinds closed.

"I've been thinking the same thing," Dan says. "Nyx doesn't seem as happy as he usually is. He's more closed up and doesn't say what he wants to."

"And I've noticed he doesn't get close to Lucifer at all," Chloe adds.

"And the hair thing," Ella says. "I don't like it, it just feels wrong."

"That's one thing we need to talk about," Chloe says. "Lucifer lied about that."

Dan's brows furrow, "Lied? Lucifer?"

"I know, it's weird. But yesterday night, Nyx's hair was long. It was cut sometime between last night and when he arrived at the crime scene."

Ella and Dan fall silent, processing the information.