2

Amanda

I walked into work feeling surprisingly giddy.

Today was my birthday and Harry had a special evening planned for my friends and I. With everyone being busy with their own schedules, this would be the first time in a while where it would be just us hanging out like we used to.

There were two other people who worked at the real estate office besides me; an older, red-haired woman named Georgia who was always there at 6 am, and a younger guy named Chris who was always late or never in the office.

But today, when I entered the lobby I was met by a tall, brown-haired man who was standing beside Georgia.

"Oh! Morning, Amanda," She grinned, turning to me as I eyed the scene before me. "This is Tom, he's going to be joining our team."

Tom stepped up to me and held out his hand which I shook. "Nice to meet you." I said, giving him a smile which he returned.

"I just want you to show him around the office a little bit and a few of our locations today," Georgia explained and I nodded. "Oh and happy birthday, sweetie." She grinned, before walking away to her office.

"Thanks, Georgia."

Tom turned to me expectantly, so I grabbed my car keys and gestured for him to follow so that we could start on the tour of locations.

"So," I began, as we started along our drive to the first location. "Where are you from?"

"Syracuse." He answered, looking out the window. "I've lived there all my life until now."

"Why'd you move? If you don't mind me asking..."

"I, uh got a divorce," he breathed, looking at me. "I just needed a fresh start and a chance to get away from everything."

"I definitely understand," I told him, turning down the road for our first location. "Well lucky for you I've lived here my entire life, and I can recommend all of the good pizza places around here."

"How do you know I like pizza?" He laughed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Everyone likes pizza."

-

Harry and I would be meeting my friends at a fancy restaurant downtown, and I couldn't be more excited. I loved getting dressed up for absolutely no reason.

We pulled up to the front and immediately Oliver, Ezra, and Serena rushed up to greet me.

"Happy birthday, Mandy!" They exclaimed, and I stopped to give each and every one of them a hug.

"I think.... I'm starting to see wrinkles," Oliver joked, pointing to my face as we laughed.

"Let's head inside, you crazies." Serena giggled, wrapping her arm around me.

Our table was seated towards the back, in a separate room that was very elegantly decorated, and we all took our seats and immediately began to chat amongst ourselves while looking at the menu.

"Ezra, please order something other than chicken, okay?" Oliver joked from beside me, rolling his eyes as we all laughed and Ezra just shrugged.

"So, Oliver, were you okay last night?" I whispered, leaning over to him. "Serena said you were having a crisis and I just wanted to make sure-"

"Crisis? I had a date last night." He explained, "And it went pretty well might I add. So yeah, no crisis." He stated, and now I was left confused.

Before I could ask him anything else, Serena stood up, raising her glass of wine. "I would like to make a toast!"

"To the birthday girl, my best friend. You are so wonderful and keep us all sane. Especially Oliver." She joked and everyone laughed.

"Ha, ha, very funny." Oliver smiled and rolled his eyes.

"You are truly the best of us." She grinned, and looked around at everyone else. "To Amanda."

"To Amanda!"

So the night went on as we talked and caught up with one another, which was the best gift in my opinion.

Ezra and Harry were the designated drivers tonight, so it was no surprise that Serena went a little over the top with her drinks and by the time we were ready to leave it was clear how drunk she was.

"Woah, Serena." Oliver laughed as she stumbled against him as we walked to the parking lot. "Who knew you were such a lightweight."

"I just want to go home..." Serena groaned, stumbling into me and I held her up.

"Serena, we still have to take Amanda to her gift remember?" Ezra whispered, but she just giggled and clutched onto her stomach.

"Yeah, she's out of it," I told them, as I held onto her, "I'll just take her home and then-"

"No! You can't because we still have to take you to your present." Oliver spoke quickly.

"Well I don't think she'll be able to hold out for much longer so, I'll just drive her home-"

"I'll drive her." Harry spoke up from behind me, and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "I'll go pick up the kids after, you go have fun."

"Yeah!" Oliver shouted, and Ezra whooped. "It's your night babe."

"Are you sure? Serena can be... a lot when she's drunk," I told him, but he just nodded and shrugged.

"Go get your gift," He winked, and I laughed since he probably already knew what it was.

But before I could give him a 'thank you' kiss, Ezra and Oliver cheered in excitement and pulled me over to their car.

"The night is young!" Oliver exclaimed, tipsy himself. "And we have a surprise..."

"I can't wait."

Helloo
sorry for not updating I've been super busy, but prepare for a ton :)

-Mel