51. Guess Who's Back

Start from the beginning

"I never said you couldn't figure it out on your own, Brother," she says, her voice soft yet holding a dangerous tone that lets everyone know this woman is not as delicate as she may seem. "I simply help you and keep you from upsetting yourself from your lack of memory."

Nyx pouts but doesn't complain. Seeing Chloe's look he smiles softly.

"It's alright, Chloe," he says. He frowns a bit, "It is Chloe, right?"

She nods and he goes to continue only for La'rayel to cut him off.

"Unlike my... energetic brother," she says, "I lost my emotions but not my memories. Well, most emotions. I still have my love of my idiotic brother, but everything else is blank and in that way, I have to start over. So, hello, my name is La'rayel."

Chloe's eyes widen slightly, but she smiles softly, "I'm Detective Chloe Decker. It's nice to meet you."

"And you as well," the white-haired woman replies with a small smile. She looks at Nyx, "See, I can manage on my own."

"I just want to be sure and know you're safe!" Nyx whines.

A small frown crosses Chloe's lips as Nyx goes to wrap his arms around 'Lucifer', only to be pushed away with a sharp, "Don't touch me." Nyx gives him an upset look before retreating to instead wrap his arms around his sister from behind, his head on her shoulder. She gives him a slightly annoyed look, but the fond smile on her lips tells Chloe she isn't truly annoyed.

Something's different between the devil and the draxon, Chloe can easily see that. But if Lucifer's been in Hell for thousands of years and Nyx returned only recently, then maybe he just needs to get used to his touchy lover again.

Somehow, Chloe doubts this theory.

"This place is pretty too! Do we live here?"

"Yes, Nyxeus," 'Lucifer' hisses. "Now for once in your life, shut up and stand still."

Nyx stops running around the penthouse, giving the divine a hurt look. 'Lucifer' scoffs at him and turns away, waving a hand dismissively.

"Go downstairs something," he calls over his shoulder, "Hell, go murder someone for all I care, just get out."

The draxon's brows furrow. "Sister?"

"Yes?"

"Why doesn't he like me? I love him, but he doesn't seem to like me."

La'rayel stands next to Nyx, grasping his hands gently. "Well, it has been thousands of years for him, brother. Maybe something's changed."

"But..."

"But what?"

"I remember he would always say forever. Forever is forever, isn't it?"

"It is," La'rayel replies. "From my memories, you were both in love, truly. I'm no expert, but I believe you should give him time. Come on, I'll tell you more of what I remember."

Sadly gazing back at the way 'Lucifer' had gone, Nyx lets his wings come out and follows La'rayel out of the penthouse. The two draconians land on a cliff overlooking the city. The place is quiet, relaxing.

"Lucifer does live in that place," La'rayel says, "I can tell using my psychometry. There are memories of both of you there."

Nyx scowls slightly. "Well he doesn't seem to want me there now."

La'rayel sighs softly, thinking of a distraction. "Do you want to try relearning your power on me again?"

Nyx looks over at her then nods. A look of concentration crosses his face, his black eyes repeatedly flickering to orange and back again as he struggles to use his magic.

"This is so unfair," Nyx whines, "Why do you get your memories while I forget practically everything?"

"Would you rather forget how you feel?"

Nyx pauses, thinking for a moment before he sighs. "No, but it's frustrating. I can't even remember how to use my own magic! All I can reach are current thoughts... Oh, I could start with learning to control dead bodies, then move on to active ones!" La'rayel gives the draxon a strange look but doesn't complain. Nyx's face falls as he remembers, "But Luci doesn't like me killing."

La'rayel's brows furrow in confusion, "He literally told us he didn't care as long as we left."

Nyx frowns, "He did. Alright, let's go."

"If you're not sure, brother, we could go to the Dragonlands?" La'rayel says, seeing the draxon's hesitance.

"I don't want to go back yet," Nyx says, "Not without knowing who they are or even who I am."

La'rayel smiles softly. "You're the king, Nyxeus. They won't care, they'll just be happy to have you back."

"But you..."

Her smile falls. "Well, yes, they'll probably hate me, but I want to see you happy, brother. Don't worry so much about me."

"I love you, La'rayel," Nyx whispers, "I've loved you all my life, despite what I remember you did. I can't let you go again. Come on, I want to master my magic again."

La'rayel nods. Her white wings come out again and she takes off after Nyxeus, the two draconians disappearing into the night.

I'm still watching the season and I'm kinda slow in planning. I'm also working on another project but I'll try and update often.